Carl Lewis MOT18 Powered Treadmill *FREE to a good home* by raistlin

raistlin
My Carl Lewis MOT18 treadmill is up for sale:-

31N4Z1GN7BL.jpg

Extremely powerful and reliable, it has coped with 150Kg loading without a problem ;)

Display not working but not required really.

Adjustable gradient. Folds up for storage / transport.

Buyer will have to collect, although i can tell you it was delivered in the back of a 75 tourer :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Mar 2015, 11:09 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 01 Apr 2015, 06:12, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
Nobody?
Paul

Posted 30 Mar 2015, 20:23 #2 

raistlin
OK - free to anybody that wants it.

I just need it gone :)
Paul

Posted 31 Mar 2015, 09:29 #3 

raistlin
Nobody wants it for free?
Paul

Posted 01 Apr 2015, 06:11 #4 

raistlin
Last chance before it goes in the skip
Paul

Posted 02 Apr 2015, 17:40 #5 

PaulT
Unfortunately, all of us are super fit so do not need devices.........
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 03 Apr 2015, 18:47 #6 

Dave
I know how frustrating it can be to move stuff like this on - we had one that we used for a while which eventually became a glorified coat rack. We advertised it for ages and in the end we did manage to sell it, but at a huge loss :(

Anyway, probably too late now, but just thinking (and you may have already had the same thought) but rather than just chucking it, might be worth offering it on your local FreeCycle group?

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 09:26 #7 

raistlin
Thanks Dave :) Good idea
Paul

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 09:53 #8 

Dave
If nothing else, if someone does want it, then it'll save you a trip to the tip as they should come and collect it! :)

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 10:22 #9 

raistlin
You're right Dave, except that I've just had an e-mail asking if I can first of all get it PATS tested, with a certificate and then deliver it.

The next tatter that drives round here will take it off my hand - there's quite a bit of steel in the structure :)
Paul

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 11:45 #10 

Dave
raistlin wrote:You're right Dave, except that I've just had an e-mail asking if I can first of all get it PATS tested, with a certificate and then deliver it

Gordon Bennett! That's the sort of thing that makes a mockery of trying to be environmentally friendly!

Weigh it in! :)

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 12:21 #11 

raistlin
Hmm...

That's an eye opener.

I've just had a further five e-mails.

Four out of the five ask for delivery, three out of the five want a PATS certificate.

Two ask what warranty I provide.

One asks if I have public liability insurance... WTF?
Paul

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 12:39 #12 

humphshumphs
Cut the plug off it, or remove the power cable and supply without. Can't be tested then :)
Richard

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 12:50 #13 

Dave
I wish I'd never suggested it now!

TBH, I've never actually had anything from FreeCycle or equivalents, or donated either, but I was under the impression that the recipient was always responsible for collection, no postage should ever be involved, and any item would have to be accepted "as is" with no warranty or suitability for use etc implied or given.....

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 15:43 #14 

PaulT
Sometimes it is a total waste of time selling something at a low price - people still act as though they are paying a fortune.

Do not know if anyone else ever came across an autojumbler called Leslie Pickett. Great character, lived in a mobile home at Boxhill in Surrey and his wife was from a well to do family. Their bedroom was racked out with all his parts (I visited him several times on behalf of the P6 Rover Owners Club to buy any P6 parts he had, but I digress. He was at an autojumble once and had a Marina wing for very little money and some one tried to knock him down. He took the wing, placed it on the floor, jumped up and down on it so it was flattened, folded it over and said to the chap 'here you are you can have it for free'.

Another story just sprung to mind. A female autojumbler had some gaskets that were not the best and some had a slight tear but still usable. Someone tried to buy a torn one and get a discount as the torn and untorn ones were the same price. She tore the ones that were not torn and said 'they are all torn now'.

Far easier and no messing to take it to the tip.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 15:45 #15 

raistlin
Dave wrote:I wish I'd never suggested it now!

TBH, I've never actually had anything from FreeCycle or equivalents, or donated either, but I was under the impression that the recipient was always responsible for collection, no postage should ever be involved, and any item would have to be accepted "as is" with no warranty or suitability for use etc implied or given.....

Dave, I'm perfectly happy you suggested it mate :)

It's not your fault that there are a load of sharks and numpties living around Wolverhampton.
Paul

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 15:52 #16 

Duncan
It's not just Wolverhampton. Round here there are more requests for something for free, than offers.

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 21:27 #17 

Dave
Reminds me of the perhaps apocryphal story of someone who had an old fridge that they wanted rid of, which they put at the end of their drive with a "Free to good home, please help yourself" sign on it. No-one was interested and it just sat there

So instead they put a sign on saying "For Sale - £20" and within the next 24 hours, someone stole it....

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 22:00 #18 

raistlin
Dave wrote:Reminds me of the perhaps apocryphal story of someone who had an old fridge that they wanted rid of, which they put at the end of their drive with a "Free to good home, please help yourself" sign on it. No-one was interested and it just sat there

So instead they put a sign on saying "For Sale - £20" and within the next 24 hours, someone stole it....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's the funniest thing I've heard today.
Paul

Posted 04 Apr 2015, 22:13 #19