Bonnet release problem by sjb110374@gmail.com

sjb110374@gmail.com
Hi, I am tryig to get the bonnet of my ZT open but the release trigger is limp and the bonnet is down too far to get my fingers unber it. Can I jack it up and release it from under neath ? Thanks in advance, Sarah

Posted 05 Aug 2018, 12:28 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Jack up the car on the driver side. Release the plastic wheel arch protector. Behind this you will find the washer bottle. If possible remove the washer bottle. Then with a pair of long pliers or similar, reach up into the engine compartment and grab the bonnet release cables forward of the bonnet release splitter box. Pull hard on the cables exiting the splitter box. This will release the bonnet catch. This is the link for the guide showing the location of the splitter box. The blue cap shown is the top of the filler neck for the washer bottle. bonnet-cable-splitter-box-invert.html and as below.....
Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.20.08.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 16.20.29.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 05 Aug 2018, 15:15 #2 

ceedy
And fit these .. :em:

Shameless plug ...

Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 11 Aug 2018, 12:45 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Sarah.
You could also try getting someone to push down on the bonnet at the front while you pull the release trigger, if you have not done so already, when you pull they must also loose the bonnet at the same time, it maybe that the black block in the splitter box is sticking ?
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Aug 2018, 10:19 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
As very often happens. Somebody registers with an urgent problem, then doesn't bother to come back for the answer.
I sometimes wonder whether it's worth the effort. :(

Hopefully this post will help someone else with this problem.

Posted 13 Aug 2018, 11:02 #5