Aviation, Shuttleworth Evening Air Display by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
This is a film of the last Evening Air Display of the 2011 season for the Shuttleworth Collection.
The weather was superb and permitted the most elderly aeroplanes of the Collection to be flown including the oldest airworthy aeroplane in the world, a 1909 Bleriot which is equipped with a 1909 Anzani engine. Other highlights are the only remaining Hawker Demon and Peter Teichman’s Curtiss P-40 Warhawk and no fewer than three vintage gliders in addition to the usual suspects which are themselves usually unique survivors, after all this is Old Warden.

The film (not mine) can be found at the link below, its long, but if at all interested in aviation well worth a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUz5V3fmBU8
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 27 Sep 2011, 11:39 #1 

Jürgen
Beautiful old planes on display ... :thumbsup:

Posted 27 Sep 2011, 15:06 #2 

podge
Nice one John, some beautiful flying machines there,we are so lucky to have such a collection in this country.

Posted 27 Sep 2011, 21:51 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The gliders could easily have been alive. Quite beautiful, once airborne.

Posted 28 Sep 2011, 12:42 #4 

Bermudan 75
Remember going to Old Warden in the late sixties, my brother in law's family had the pub near the airfield, Hare and Hounds I think.

Posted 13 Oct 2011, 20:58 #5 

gaz7560
I live only a mile or so away and get treated to these over flying my house

Posted 14 Oct 2011, 01:48 #6