As Ed's At Trikey's On Tuesday,,,,,,, by MrDoodles

• Related topics: (no related topics)

MrDoodles
.....I've been doing a couple of little jobs before he goes! :)

When Phil T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) retro fitted PDC to him last year, we didn't have the correct fixings for the PDC module at the time, so it was cable tied in! :(

Being a bit of a stickler for correctness on Ed, I ordered the correct screws and mounting pads from Rimmers and fitted them yesterday! :)

Only trouble is, the mounting pads were hard plastic and there was no bevel on the mounting screws, so ended up chamfering the pads with a cross head screwdriver and putting a chamfer on the bolts with an old file I managed to found in the bottom of my tool box! :-o

A much longer job than it should have been, but now fitted and looks OE! :-D

2nd job was to replace the O/S rear light cluster that had a small piece broken off it with a good second hand unit that I managed to get off eBay, (new one's are no longer available) and that went on in a few minutes, after cleaning the aperture and seal, before bolting it back up! :)

Next job was to re-assemble a rear parcel shelf with electric blind, that was light grey, but is now dark grey/black, thanks to a couple of tins of Halfords Satin Black, (Ed China would be proud of me!) :lol:

Last job was fitting a second hand velour door seal to the drivers door aperture, due to the previous one splitting and losing a chunk at door catch height and generally looking tatty, so quite a productive day all round! :)

Now off to Trikey's on Tuesday for an oil, filter and coolant change and a few other bits and pieces to keep him in fine fettle! :-D

Posted 30 Mar 2017, 19:12 #1