Apologies by baconbuttyman (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

baconbuttyman
Well here it is. I would like to apologise to all this forum's members for past postings. i now know more than i did and i owed this forum that.
I would have done so earlier but as you are aware i am/was a mod on the club site, I couldnt be seen to really frequent here, now i am a free man :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

so here it is

Sorry Guys
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 20:12 #1 

Duncan
Well welcome to 'here'.

It's a shame if being involved in moderating over at the club means you couldn't be 'seen' over here. It was never meant to be us and them. I guess you are saying you are no longer a mod on the club site?

One of my reasons for leaving the club was the way the 'old' mods were treated when they set up this site, and how certain other members were also 'spoken' to at the time (by one of the directors).

Anyhow, most people round here, unlike myself, frequent a number of fora.

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 20:42 #2 

Gren 24
Welcome glade to see you one this forum.You know you will be welcome here.

You know most of us from the other forum (or we know you and how you have help others ).

So welcome aboard.

Les

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 20:53 #3 

Cowley_MOA
Welcome back Mick. I admire your sprit for returning here as it must have been difficult for you. I think you will find everyone is united here, united in our love of the cars and in taking the piss out of James.uk :D
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 20:59 #4 

takestock
Hi Mick, welcome :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 21:15 #5 

Last edited by takestock on 02 Dec 2010, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

starbug2
hello and weclome :thumbsup:

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 21:44 #6 

Dallas
aaaarrrrhhh! Mr baconbuttyman :D the man with the nice alloys....... :thumbsup: Hi! Buddy....

....... but do you know, all this goes over my head on all what goes on here and there...... :panic:

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 21:52 #7 

Zeb
Hello Mick...apology accepted. ;) :D

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 22:00 #8 

Tourerfogey
So, they're still in 'self destruct' mode over there then?

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 22:51 #9 

baconbuttyman
Tourerfogey wrote:So, they're still in 'self destruct' mode over there then?

Not Now that the owners have taken a back seat and let a dedicated team take charge in their abcence.
In retrospect, they should have done so a long while ago, if they had, the club would not have been set aback 6 months. It's taken that long for the club to right it's self, now i believe there is space for here and there to co exsist and live together and maybe help one another. Takes a bigger forum/organisation to make the first move. IMHO. who would like to make the first move then, would make good standing amongst the members of either house.
it's a win win situation for both. :D :D

consider it fella's is all i ask. ;)
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 23:18 #10 

JohnDotCom
The Community has welcomed members both new and from old club without suggesting not posting on one or the other.
Unfortuneately the same can't be said other way round.
Not a easy job running a club and pleasing everyone,
But common courtesy to members is a good way to start.

Welcome back.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 16 Nov 2010, 23:29 #11 

James.uk
Welcome Mick, erm excuse me a moment please - - - - - - - - - - - - - ;)

>>>and in taking the piss out of James.uk <<<

Oi Lewis! I heard that! :whump: take that ya Southern softie.. And just to remind you to be more respectfull of yer elders, here's another one.. :whump:

*Life can be so much fun innit*.. :lol: :thumbsup:

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 00:10 #12 

Cowley_MOA
James.uk wrote:Welcome Mick, erm excuse me a moment please - - - - - - - - - - - - - ;)

>>>and in taking the piss out of James.uk <<<

Oi Lewis! I heard that! :whump: take that ya Southern softie.. And just to remind you to be more respectfull of yer elders, here's another one.. :whump:

*Life can be so much fun innit*.. :lol: :thumbsup:

At least you had your ear trumpet close to hand at that moment then :lol:. It sure it James :lol:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 08:36 #13 

Mike
baconbuttyman wrote: .....................consider it fella's is all i ask. ;)

:confused: eh, consider what ?

edit

Ah, sorry I see now. Never say never as they say, though while ultimate control, many £££ and decisions remain with the good doctor, it would be a tad surprising

Mike :)

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 09:43 #14 

baconbuttyman
as said before, i have a habbit of speaking my mind when it would have been prudent to keep quiet, weather i am right or not, if not then i am the first to say so and hold my hands up

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 13:47 #15 

Duncan
baconbuttyman wrote:

Not Now that the owners have taken a back seat and let a dedicated team take charge in their abcence.
In retrospect, they should have done so a long while ago, if they had, the club would not have been set aback 6 months. It's taken that long for the club to right it's self, now i believe there is space for here and there to co exsist and live together and maybe help one another. Takes a bigger forum/organisation to make the first move. IMHO. who would like to make the first move then, would make good standing amongst the members of either house.

I agree, I think there was always space for coexistence. I don't think anyone ever said otherwise (over here)?

But I'm not sure what first move you are suggesting? Certainly if the club has mended it's ways, and there is something that would be changed, I'd consider doing something. But then I don't know what is being suggested (I understand cars, not people / politics), and I certainly would be most upset if it was not reflected by a similar change over at the club. The things I have in mind would be for example the unbanning of the previous mods, even if they only return as ordinary members without having to join again with new user names.

I do, however, continue to support this venture, as I prefer the less commercial feel of the place.

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 19:25 #16 

Dave
Have you brought any bacon sarnies with you?

Or Black Pudding?

Or Pies?

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 19:27 #17 

baconbuttyman
Duncan wrote:
baconbuttyman wrote:

I agree, I think there was always space for coexistence. I don't think anyone ever said otherwise (over here)?

But I'm not sure what first move you are suggesting? Certainly if the club has mended it's ways, and there is something that would be changed, I'd consider doing something. But then I don't know what is being suggested (I understand cars, not people / politics), and I certainly would be most upset if it was not reflected by a similar change over at the club. The things I have in mind would be for example the unbanning of the previous mods, even if they only return as ordinary members without having to join again with new user names.

I do, however, continue to support this venture, as I prefer the less commercial feel of the place.

I understand what you are saying, i also understand the frustrations of the banned four, the management have deaf ears, although they are busy :sleep: :sleep:
The four are welcome to go back over, that has been said on the forums a few times but they would have to make them selves known to the management, in my opinion that would/should be Paul (Reebs).
I know the guys dont like the club being a topic on here so i think all has been said :thumbsup:

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 20:37 #18 

baconbuttyman
Dave wrote:Have you brought any bacon sarnies with you?

Or Black Pudding?

Or Pies?

Pork pies, ooh yeah, best in Lancashire are from Grimes butchers in Cleveleys

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 20:38 #19 

starbug2
the hole matter is sad ...

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 21:52 #20