Anyone fitted one of these before? by MrB

• Related topics: (no related topics)

MrB
I have to replace the engine mount on the Driver's side front of my CDT.

This is where it is located
SG101051.JPG

This is the part
SG101054.JPG

As there is a thread to the part which goes down into the chassis rail, can anyone give me a heads up as to whether that is bolted in place, and how I access that bolt?

Cheers

Chris

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 17:39 #1 

Russ
(Trader)
Ah it's that one that's gone, I haven't changed one on one of our cars but have done simiar ones before will have a look when I come over later today, can't see it being that much of a problem.

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 17 Jun 2010, 23:02 #2 

MrB
Russ wrote:Ah it's that one that's gone, I haven't changed one on one of our cars but have done simiar ones before will have a look when I come over later today, can't see it being that much of a problem.

Russ

Cheers Russ

I received the parts yesterday and was just trying to get a heads up on it. I wasn't expecting the bottom rod to have a thread from the diagrams. Thought it was just to locate it.

If noone else has fitted one could keep my camera handy as we can do a How To?

Starting to get nervous over the mileage now :panic:
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 18 Jun 2010, 08:12 #3 

MrB
Me and Russ had 2 hours at this mount last night.

It won't budge at all. It screws into a blind thread somewhere in the chassis rail and seems to be fused to the alloy cup it sits in (new cup £285 from Rimmers).

I will take a picture of how it is now, we have removed any loose sections.

If anyone has any ideas they will be very gratefully received.

Current plan is drill out some of the central metal work, remove the rubber in the centre and try and get the bolt inside to see if can get purchase on it and remove it that way.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 06:16 #4 

MrB
I've only gone and bloody done it! :clap: :rolling: :thumbsup:

4lb Lump Hammer and an 18" chisel, couple or three good solid thwacks and it moved. Just a little at first but got it out without having to drill etc etc.

Will post up some pics later of the remains, how it all fits together etc.

But it is all back together now.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 18:34 #5 

Russ
(Trader)
Great news, glad you managed without having to resort to the drill. :D

Did you manage the bottom mount too?

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 18:48 #6 

MrB
Russ wrote:Great news, glad you managed without having to resort to the drill. :D

Did you manage the bottom mount too?

Russ

Russ was so chuffed when it moved. First hit peeled that lug we had been using before like a banana, so I hit down into the same area to make a notch and then tried again. Gave a couple of good solid hits and it moved, a tiny amount, so little that I thought it was just my imagination. Another good solid tap and it definitely moved, the collar moved with it. There are no pins locating it, just a little notch in the base to locate it against the edge of the rail. I took lots of pics. Putting it back together was a pain, is a definite order you have to do it in and I had to keep taking bits back off and putting back on again. It's all together nice and tight now.

Bottom mount took longer to set up the axel stands etc that it did to change. It has a long crack all the way through one section of the rubber, but actually seems OK. As I had the part I replaced it anyway.

Now just need to bleed the clutch to get it drivable.

Will probably see if I can get the front bumper off next weekend and sort all of the problems out behind it such as the losse power steering pipes, outside temp sensor, passenger side indicator and the radiator fan.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 07:42 #7 

MrB
Some pics of the mount

SG101064.JPG

SG101068.JPG

SG101067.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 22:46 #8 

MrB
Some more pics regarding the removal of the o/s/f engine mount

SG101070.JPG

SG101076.JPG

SG101077.JPG

Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 22:49 #9 

MrB
Last few pics
SG101074.JPG

SG101081.JPG

SG101078.JPG

Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 22:54 #10 

Ragman
Good result!

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 23:06 #11