Any paint guru's out there by baconbuttyman

• Related topics: (no related topics)

baconbuttyman
now the front bumper is painted and looking better than my first attempt, the way i painted it was undercoat, flaten off, re under coat, flaten off again, the spray the sill to just above the top lip as it were, will use rubbing compound to blend in to the paintwork, now when i lacquer it, do i go beyound the painted area and the use rubbing compount to blend the lacquer in from there.

also if the lacquer runs slightly can i simply use cutting compount to thin that bit down and re lacquer it or do i resand the area and reaply the lacquer
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 05 May 2011, 07:50 #1 

DeuxGazoles
I wouldn't compound the basecoat (horrible blue bit :stirer: ) I would lacquer straight over it, assuming you've only gone to the crease mark above the bottom lip then I would just remask it a fraction beyond your new paint & lacquer it unless you've blended up the bumper in which case you need to "flick" the lacquer away at the edges & polish it back, if you get any runs just wet flat them with 1200 or finer & polish back with compound
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 03 Aug 2011, 11:20 #2 

DeuxGazoles
Anyway what's this got to do with 1.8s? unless it was the boiling water spilling over that damaged the paint :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 03 Aug 2011, 11:22 #3