Another refugee from the 'owners club'! by guru (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

guru
Hi all, I joined up here a while ago but was mainly active on the other forum however I really don't like the way that's going or Christopher's attitude to his 'customers' so I'm making the switch!

I've been into Rovers and MG's all my life and have so far owned quite a few, I will post a list when I have enough time! At the moment we have a 2003 ZT-T and 2004 ZS 180, both with LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) and also my lifetime car which was my grandfathers mk1c Rover Sterling. I'm also an admin over at http://rover800.info which I'm working on upgrading at the moment.

Anyway here's a few pics of my babies!

2003 MG ZT-T 190 with LPG!
1991 Rover mk1c Rover Sterling
2004 mk2 MG ZS 180 with LPG

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 22:33 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hi there James. You're very welcome.
If you'd like to post a little introduction to your website I will copy it to the "People you can't do without" forum with a link to rover800.info

Have a butchers at the following for an example. :-

the-260-s-t575.html#p4384 Plus a some text if you wish.

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 22:51 #2 

kandyman
Evening James,

Good to have you here.

Interesting company website in your profile, looks like the company I work for :)

http://www.itrm.co.uk/

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 23:16 #3 

raistlin
Hi James - welcome to here :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 23:17 #4 

guru
Mick wrote:Hi there James. You're very welcome.
If you'd like to post a little introduction to your website I will copy it to the "People you can't do without" forum with a link to rover800.info

Have a butchers at the following for an example. :-

the-260-s-t575.html#p4384 Plus a some text if you wish.

Excellent, we do have a nice forum logo somewhere......I'm just not sure where at the moment! I'll dig it up and post it here!

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 23:29 #5 

guru
kandyman wrote:Evening James,

Good to have you here.

Interesting company website in your profile, looks like the company I work for :)

http://www.itrm.co.uk/

Ah ha, a fellow geek eh? ;)

I think we're probably quite a bit smaller, however on the upside I own half the company :-D
It's interesting work though and as a bonus I spend 90% of my time working from my garden office which makes the commute very easy!

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 23:32 #6 

kandyman
I'm a geek on the network cabling side of the company,

I spend my days playing with cat5e & cat 6 cables and some fibre optics now and then.

Give me a shout if you need anything doing ;)

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 23:37 #7 

guru
kandyman wrote:I'm a geek on the network cabling side of the company,

I spend my days playing with cat5e & cat 6 cables and some fibre optics now and then.

Will do! I hate cabling. When I built the garden office I ran a lot of points round it and the terminations were driving me mad by the end. Mine normally test OK, but I'll be the first to admit I'm very slow compared to guys that just do cabling. I think I terminated about a dozen before I got bored and left the rest hanging to be done at a later date!

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 23:46 #8 

takestock
guru wrote: I spend 90% of my time working from my garden office which makes the commute very easy!

I do hope you leave by the front door and drive to the back door of the house in the Rover, Image is important when you arrive at work :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 05:24 #9 

MrDoodles
Welcome!

It's quite a different "feel" to the other place, hope you enjoy!

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 06:36 #10 

kandyman
guru wrote:

Will do! I hate cabling. When I built the garden office I ran a lot of points round it and the terminations were driving me mad by the end. Mine normally test OK, but I'll be the first to admit I'm very slow compared to guys that just do cabling. I think I terminated about a dozen before I got bored and left the rest hanging to be done at a later date!

the only job i hate is when i have to deal with old BT installs

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 06:37 #11 

RhodieBill
That doesn't look like 'BlueTooth' to me?!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:12 #12 

Duncan
I had a Sterling 800 very similar to that, even down to the same wheels. Learnt my way around the inside of autoboxes because of it, and in a way had quite an effect on my working life as a result.

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:14 #13 

raistlin
kandyman wrote:Image

That looks like the wiring under my model railway baseboard :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 08:07 #14 

Duncan
I can see the baby rats in there.

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 11:49 #15 

Mad-Monkey
Where abouts in Norwich do you live? I used to travel to Hempnall and the road you've posted a few pictures of your car on looks familiar. probably miles away but thought I'd ask! :)

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 20:32 #16 

kandyman
Duncan wrote:I can see the baby rats in there.

I think I must of come across most types pets over the years, the worst is always coming across wasps nest.

I still have a fibre cable to install at one site but I have to wait until all the bats have gone.

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 20:33 #17 

mark d3
kandyman wrote:
guru wrote:

the only job i hate is when i have to deal with old BT installs

my dad worked for BT for 25 years he said the same,he was a joiner/faults man then
progressed to senior technician,then a manager at something called level 3 then got board being in a office all day and left to start up the plumbing and gas business we both now run
mark

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 20:38 #18 

Re-tread

Another cabling Geek here too although I spend most of my time writing standards and install specifications about the stuff these days for the company I work for.
ZT260 SE
MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Air filter, XPowers and with added Roushness

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 23:39 #19 

takestock
three words you my Mankandy..... VIS (Variable Intake System) tester wiring :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 05 Jul 2012, 05:58 #20