... and these people govern us? by raistlin

raistlin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21800097

Parliament are trying to push through a minimum alcohol price.

Physician, heal thyself.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Mar 2013, 19:51 #1 

Jürgen
BBC wrote:... has been banned from buying alcohol in the Houses of Parliament following his arrest.

One can buy alcohol in the Houses of Parliament?!? :-? :cheers: :panic:

Posted 15 Mar 2013, 21:08 #2 

Duncan
Jürgen wrote:
BBC wrote:... has been banned from buying alcohol in the Houses of Parliament following his arrest.

Yes, but mostly it's given away as I understand it.

Posted 15 Mar 2013, 21:58 #3 

Zeb
Duncan wrote:
Jürgen wrote:

Yes, but mostly it's given away as I understand it.

Which is a good way to avoid any inconvenience to themselves wrought by minimum pricing...

Posted 16 Mar 2013, 10:59 #4 

Jumper
That explains everything, from George Brown to Eric Joyce. They are all wearing beer goggles.

Posted 16 Mar 2013, 11:50 #5 

Roverite
Why are we accepting alcohol being supplied in our 'publicly' funded buildings? I worked for two years in a Cornish NHS warehouse supplying non medical stock to hospitals in West Cornwall. On the inventory was whiskey and wine; when I asked what this was for, I was told it was for meetings, leaving dos, etc. I looked at the usage and that worked out at just under £10,000 PA, and that was in the early 1990s and for a relatively small geographical area; rolled out over the UK it was £millions. The same situation exists in Local Authorities and other public bodies. It is OK for a generous boss of a private company to give lavish leaving parties etc; but not for publicly funded Councils and the like. Wake up Britain!

Roverite.

Posted 16 Mar 2013, 13:57 #6