Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden dead by kandyman

kandyman
Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden has been killed by US forces in Pakistan, President Barack Obama has said.

Bin Laden was killed in a ground operation outside Islamabad based on US intelligence, the first lead for which emerged last August.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

Posted 02 May 2011, 08:55 #1 

Dave Goody
Hope they got it right this time, last year Navy seals blew up our local Debenhams as somebody told them Bed Linen was on the 3rd floor!

Posted 02 May 2011, 11:09 #2 

PaulT
There is the normal conspiracy theory on the net. However,..........

One showed what looked like a 'normal picture of the man and then one of him 'dead'. Will admit it looked exactly the same photo that had been photoshopped. They showed some datum points that seemed to be identical.

Now I do not normally go along with conspiracy theories but I was convinced that they were the same photo.

Now it could be that they carted him off dead before any photos and then decided they had better issue somthing, or they have taken him alive and it is a bit difficult to take a photo of someone dead when they are alive or it did not happen!

All now seem to be saying the photo is a fake:

http://www.rferl.org/content/fake_osama ... 00143.html

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 02 May 2011, 11:35 #3 

Tourerfogey
There is absolutely no way that they would have allowed Bin Laden to either take his own life or be killed by American Forces. It is all too convenient to say that he has been killed and the body disposed of at sea within 24 hours.

Surely they will have taken him alive to be whisked out of Pakistan on a 'ghost flight' to be interrogated, and information obtained by whatever means necessary regardless of International Law?

Posted 02 May 2011, 12:01 #4 

Dave Goody
I believe just the opposite,too hot a potato! they would put a bullet in his head and get rid of quick. They don't want martyrs trials or funerals. If he was in US custody there would be Airliners being hijacked all over to get him free

Posted 02 May 2011, 14:15 #5 

Zeb
God bless America! What a country! They even take the bins out on a Bank Holiday.... :-D :shock: :-? :gmc:

Posted 02 May 2011, 17:36 #6 

SpongeBob
Zeb wrote:God bless America! What a country! They even take the bins out on a Bank Holiday.... :-D :shock: :-? :gmc:

My brother was quoting a whole load of these type of jokes on the way down to a concert last night - I think this one was one of the best ones though ;) :)

Posted 03 May 2011, 11:37 #7