Air con by Zeb

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Zeb
Anybody know what compressor is used on the 1.8? Mine is just standard air con, not climate if that makes any difference?

Posted 11 Jul 2010, 15:23 #1 

takestock
The air con pump on a 1.8 looks suspicoiusly like my KV6 one. I have a spare kv6 one knocking around that came with my replacement engine. i can bring it to the meet next weekend if you bring your 1.8 one we can compare. If its the same, its yours :D If not then nothing lost.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Jul 2010, 15:39 #2 

Zeb
takestock wrote:The air con pump on a 1.8 looks suspicoiusly like my KV6 one. I have a spare kv6 one knocking around that came with my replacement engine. i can bring it to the meet next weekend if you bring your 1.8 one we can compare. If its the same, its yours :D If not then nothing lost.

That is a very kind offer Mr Takestock sir... :D :cheers: My thinking....my hope, is that the 1.8 is a Visteon FS10 as the one in the V8 has gone bang and I know just where to find a 1.8 one :twisted: ....nevertheless..if your V6 one is a Visteon FS10 then I'd be most interested... :thumbsup:

Posted 11 Jul 2010, 16:47 #3 

takestock
I shal investigate this week sir but this evening is dedicated to......mellow :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Jul 2010, 17:45 #4 

Zeb
takestock wrote:I shal investigate this week sir but this evening is dedicated to......mellow :D

I should think so too... mellow remains the priority:D

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 13:12 #5 

James.uk
I have a spare air con pump out of a CDTi. I bought it at a scrappie for £60 last spring coz my car made orrible screeching noises when the air con was on. I had the belt changed but that didn't help, so I assumed it was the pump. But .. My mechanic said to leave it for a while as it may have been rust on the pump clutch plate, and sure enuff, after a couple of days it stopped.. But..

It did it again this year, and still does it sometimes on and off when I first start the engine with air con on.. but always stops after 1 or 2 mins.. :confused:

I will post up any numbers etc that are on it when the rain stops..... It's in my shed down the garden... Long grass (waist high) down there is very wet at the moment. :roll:

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 14:15 #6 

Andrew
I thought i had a spare pump in my workshop but it turned out to be an R12 pump so bin time.
PS. Zeb are you going to East Kirkby next weekend, havn't seen you for a while!

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 15:18 #7 

James.uk
OK, the info off the air con pump I have:-

PXV16 SANDEN .. serial number 0591712504 -- Model Number 8622... Oil sp 10 or equiv refrigerant 1344.... Sanden Corp variable displacement.. Made in Japan. .. ...

That's the lot. :)

The srappie that I bought it from had several in stock, their phone number is 0161 366 9471.. :)

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 18:36 #8 

Zeb
Thanks chaps...unfortunately it looks like they'll not do the job... :( Worth a try though....

I am unlikely to be attending East Kirkby...in spite of it being on my own doorstep... :roll:
A great shame but other occasions will present themselves no doubt.... :D

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 21:25 #9 

Andrew
The pump listed by rimmers is totally different from the v6 one unfortunately, and a difference in cost, i would suggest a visit or phone call to Windleys at Tattershall.

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 09:30 #10 

Zeb
Andrew wrote:The pump listed by rimmers is totally different from the v6 one unfortunately, and a difference in cost, i would suggest a visit or phone call to Windleys at Tattershall.

Thanks Andrew...I will look into that... :)

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 09:06 #11 

JohnDotCom
The following details come from the EPC (July 2010) appear not to be interchangeable:

JPB101144 Compressor assembly air conditioning 1.8 £547.73 + VAT (Now discontinued use part below)
JPB101450A Compressor assembly air conditioning 1.8 £615.38 + VAT

JPB101154 Compressor assembly air conditioning V6 £546.67 + VAT (Now discontinued use part below)
JPB000040A Compressor assembly air conditioning V6 £340.81 + VAT

JPB101460A Compressor air conditioning Diesel £448.64 + VAT

JPB000320 Compressor assembly air conditioning V8 £542.67 + VAT
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 11:41 #12 

Zeb
Thanks John..MAD prices...thank goodness for the internet....and American dealers... :D

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 17:34 #13 

JohnDotCom
I only posted them so people could see the bargains available, and what they may have previously said looked dear.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 18:07 #14