A visit to Jules by kandyman

kandyman
Me and Mrs Kandyman and our dog are going to see Jules to have some work carried out on my R75 LWB.

We will be arriving on the Monday the 1st pf April and will be staying in a local hotel for 2 nights, the car is booked in for the 2nd.
If there's any members in the local area that would like to meet up and a few beers and a chat drop me a PM and I'll pass my mobile number on.

What biscuits does Jules like ?

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 21:26 #1 

Roverite
You will probably spend the whole time at Jules'; he is a smashing bloke and you have done the right thing in spending a couple of days there and getting all the jobs done in one go. Biscuits?, I don't know, I just eat his! Give him my regards, he has done several jobs for me and I am always pleased with the outcome. Without Jules, the R40 community would be very much the poorer.

Roverite.

Posted 26 Mar 2013, 09:06 #2 

kandyman
Found a nice B&B not to far from Jules

www.ellinghamhouse.com

Posted 26 Mar 2013, 20:41 #3 

TimO
Hope you have a pleasant stay in Colwyn Bay, the weather has been arranged to be sunny if a little cold.
Should you fancy a pint in a traditional pub which is dog friendly, may I recommend the Red Lion in Old Colwyn. It normally has some 8 to 10 real beers and ciders on at any one time.
Cheers
Tim

Posted 30 Mar 2013, 12:01 #4 

kandyman
Thanks for the info I'll keep a look out for it.

If your free and around over Monday/ Tuesday drop me a PM with your contact number and we'll see if we can meet up.

Posted 30 Mar 2013, 13:36 #5 

kandyman
Well a slight change of plan,

Deb has been suffering from a bad back for a few days now and we were hoping that it would be better in time for our trip.

Well her back is still bad and the thought of sitting in the car for 4 hours is not going to happen plus she won't be able to do much when were there, shame as we were both looking forward to it and taking the dog on to the beach for walks.

So now it'll be me on my own now :(

so if anyone wants to buy me some beers drop me a PM :)

Posted 31 Mar 2013, 18:46 #6 

Jürgen
Andy, please send Deb my get well wish.

Posted 31 Mar 2013, 18:53 #7 

kandyman
Jürgen wrote:Andy, please send Deb my get well wish.

She's says "thanks x "

Posted 31 Mar 2013, 19:05 #8 

kandyman
Well I arrived :)

Hotel/B&B is great.

Highlight so far. ... having a pint with my old mate JDC :)

Posted 01 Apr 2013, 15:53 #9 

kandyman
Just sitting down to a full Welsh breakfast before heading down to Jules.

Posted 02 Apr 2013, 07:36 #10 

Bermudan 75
Andy, I was in Conway Sat-Mon and intended to contact you in order to meet up for a beer, but did not have any internet access, duh.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 02 Apr 2013, 20:15 #11 

kandyman
Thats a shame.

You missed having a beer with me and JDC.

Posted 02 Apr 2013, 23:30 #12 

kandyman
Mr Jules hard at work.

Posted 03 Apr 2013, 14:19 #13 

Jürgen
Replacing the bulbs is a bumper off job? :panic:
:mrgreen:

Posted 03 Apr 2013, 14:36 #14 

kandyman
Jürgen wrote:Replacing the bulbs is a bumper off job? :panic:
:mrgreen:

Well as the bumper was off to fit a new Shannon tube and a new fan resistor and a new horn we thought we might as well change the bulbs as well :)

Posted 03 Apr 2013, 14:47 #15 

zojosc
Jules knees protected from hard surface,front bumper not..........priorities Andy, priorities!!!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 03 Apr 2013, 15:13 #16