A little change to car tax? by PaulT

PaulT
On 1st October car tax rules change and on the DVLA site it states:

Tax will be automatically renewed and the Direct Debit payments will continue to be taken providing an MOT is in place at the point of tax renewal. Payments will continue automatically until you tell DVLA to stop taking them or you cancel the Direct Debit with your bank. Valid insurance should also be in place for vehicles registered in Northern Ireland.

So a change as as far as I am aware to tax a vehicle it required a vlid MOT and insurance and certainly when I have renewed at a Post Office they have scrutinised the insurance certificate.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 21 Sep 2014, 13:42 #1 

JohnDotCom
From the October date you no longer display your tax disc either, relying on NPR from now on, being added to hand units.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 24 Sep 2014, 19:25 #2 

raistlin
I think I'll be leaving my tax disc in the windscreen until it runs out.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 24 Sep 2014, 21:10 #3 

dattrike
I'm going to put a Newcastle brown ale label in mine :lol:
Always wanted to do it!

Posted 25 Sep 2014, 17:40 #4 

zojosc
Well at least you will know when to put the heater up a notch, when the Star is blue!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 03 Oct 2014, 14:19 #5 

JohnDotCom
Removed mine, see no point in leaving it on display now, always ruin the lines of the screen. :-D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Oct 2014, 07:22 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Both of mine now in the archives.

Do hope I get pulled. :twisted:

Posted 04 Oct 2014, 09:12 #7 

zojosc
I have been trying to get "pulled" for quite a while Mick but at this age I don't think it's going to happen again!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 04 Oct 2014, 12:07 #8 

Tootall
I to will be leaving mine in till it runs out in April then i may do a Delboy and replace it with "TAX IN POST".
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 04 Oct 2014, 13:20 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
zojosc wrote:I have been trying to get "pulled" for quite a while Mick but at this age I don't think it's going to happen again!

Hope springs eternal. ;)

Even at our age. :D

Posted 04 Oct 2014, 13:25 #10