75s outside the UK by PaulT

• Related topics: (no related topics)

PaulT
Drove down to SW France in April (should have been going to the Canaries but the Icelanders decided to prevent me going). In the whole trip saw just one 75 and that was in the SW.

Couple of weeks ago drove down to SW France, stopped overnight and then to Costa Brava.

On the A71 between Orleans and Vierzon was passed by not one but two 75s and both were from different departments.

On the Coasta Brava in Malgrat parked in one of the bays by the side of the road outside some of the hotels was parked a 75 - and this one on Swedish plates.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 07:05 #1 

FROGGY
Common as muck in the UK :stirer:

A rarity here, and the MG ZT-T, a collectors item :fosg: :fosg: :fosg: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mick

Upholding a GREAT BRITISH tradition.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 10:29 #2 

PaulT
FROGGY wrote:Common as muck in the UK :stirer:

A rarity here, and the MG ZT-T, a collectors item :fosg: :fosg: :fosg: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mick

Did not expect to see any MGs as the French always strike me as being very discerning :mrgreen:

Seriously though it does seem a shame - and where have they gone, France seemed quite a good market for MGRover
Paul

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 11:28 #3 

Geoffrey
France has indeed been a very lucrative market for the 75. Here in Rennes (a city of no more than 300,000 inhabitants), the ex-Rover garage sold 400. Try looking round Normandy, Brittany and also the Paris region, where there are still plenty.
Geoffrey.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 13:38 #4 

Beejay
I've been back and forward to the USA, mostly Mid West, and have never seen a 75/ZT, where they ever sold there? I sent my sister a copy of this years calender and she had quite a few comments from people around she showed it to, all good

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 16:56 #5 

PaulT
Beejay wrote:I've been back and forward to the USA, mostly Mid West, and have never seen a 75/ZT, where they ever sold there? I sent my sister a copy of this years calender and she had quite a few comments from people around she showed it to, all good

Someone more knowledgeable will correct me but I believe a ZT was taken in as a personal import. In additon, there are 3 test cars that had winter testing carried out, the ECUs were then removed and brought back to the UK for reprogramming to be taken back out for summer testing but before they went back out MGRover went pop.

As a PS there are some photos on the AROnline site showing side trims with side markers and assumed a prototype for the US market.
Paul

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 18:02 #6