1.8 T PRT by stevemac

• Related topics: (no related topics)

stevemac
I seem to have a small leak from the PRT. Coolant is weeping from the join between the two halves.

Can someone confirm that the part no PEM101020 is correct. It's listed as Diesel on the Rimmers list?
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 18:13 #1 

T-Cut
That's the correct part number alright, but Rimmer have labelled it wrong. The diesel doesn't have a PRT. You'll also notice it's black, whereas I suspect your original one is buff/yellow (?) Mine is anyway and when I ordered a spare I got the black one shown here.

Now it's a bit confusing this, because PRTs are colour coded apparently and the black one is rated at a lower temperature than 88C (standard for the 1.8s). The turbo version has a stronger spring, so it only opens when the revs are up (3000rpm I think) when the coolant pressure is high enough.

The yellow PRT is PEM100990 and quoted for the non-turbo 1.8.

There are lots of Google references to PRTs in this engine and the more you read the muddier it seems. I remain as confused as you are right now.

TC

Posted 24 Jun 2010, 19:57 #2 

stevemac
Cheers TC, the one I have is black. I am thinking that the leak might be from the pipe clips. I may try and change them for jubilee's before investing in a new PRT.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 24 Jun 2010, 21:17 #3