ZT 1.8 turbo juddering by cunga

cunga
hi guyz i wonder if you can help me.i ahve the turbo version and when i drive on low revs i have no problems but when i put my foot down and the turbo kicks it the car starts to judder in every gear and feels held back.Does anyone know what it might be i have just had manfold sorted and put a new lamda sensor in as these were showing on the codes.also i am trying to locate the maf as this was on the code reader also but can not find where it is can anyone send me in right direction i aint a mechanic i get garages to do all the work for me but like to get parts before i go due to higher prices from garages.Many thanks in advance guyz

Posted 09 May 2012, 11:37 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
This should help.

maf-clean.html

Posted 09 May 2012, 11:43 #2 

Bernard
That's for the diesel, Mick.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 09 May 2012, 17:07 #3 

Bernard
If it's a judder when first putting your foot down, then I would start with the spark plugs and then the rest of the ignition system.

Posted 09 May 2012, 17:08 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Oooops, didn't check which engine, just saw MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor). :panic: in lowercase.

Posted 09 May 2012, 18:09 #5 

Duncan
I don't think the 1.8s have a MAF, just a MAP sensor. Certainly I can't find any reference to it in the wiring diagrams.

Posted 09 May 2012, 18:30 #6 

cunga
when i put my foot down in any gear 1-5 once revs go high the car starts to judder as if the turbo is trying to kick in but can't the engine managment light starts to flicker rapidly if i keep doing it them the light stays on for about 2 days.

Posted 09 May 2012, 18:36 #7 

Bernard
Are you sure about the MAF fault showing? Could it have been MAP fault?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Posted 09 May 2012, 18:51 #8 

cunga
all i know the computer picked up 3 cylinders missing ,lamda,air flow sensor and a couple of other faults what i cant remember

Posted 09 May 2012, 18:54 #9 

Duncan
I think you need to get it on a proper fault reader, the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System). Since the engine doesn't have an airflow sensor (it calculates airflow using pressure and throttle opening) I'd take anything that tester says with a pinch of salt. Lambda will be out if the engine is misfiring as it won't be burning the petrol properly.

Posted 09 May 2012, 19:01 #10 

cunga
what does the map do could it cause the problem i am experiencing

Posted 09 May 2012, 19:05 #11 

Duncan
MAP is manifold pressure (Manifold Absolute Pressure). I guess it could cause this problem as the control module would think a different amount of air was getting in than really was. The boost pressure sensor could also do something.

However I'd start where Bernard suggests, as he has 'some' experience of diagnosing running faults.

Posted 09 May 2012, 19:09 #12 

cunga
Thanks guys for all your advice i will start with the plugs like what bernard suggested and maybe coil packs will let you know soon if i get it resolved.

thanx again

Posted 09 May 2012, 19:11 #13