Yet another new member saying hello by Redditchdave

Redditchdave
Hello everyone this is just a quick post to introduce myself . I"ve joined this community today based on Bernard of eveshams recommendation. I met bernard through another mg forum , he kindly offered to help run some diagnostics, proving I did not need 6 new coils which has saved me a small fortune. I have zero mechanical skills but a great love of longbridge built cars - Zt"s in particular . I"ve owned my trophy blue facelift zt190 for 4 years and covered over60k miles in it . It'd by far the best car I"ve ever had, I can't find anything remotely affordable to replace it so hope to keep it on the road for many years if possible . I look forward to meeting some of you at any events in the midlands region . Regards dave

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:20 #1 

Zeb
Nice of you to join us! Why not come along to the Community National Picnic at Clumber Park on the 12th September..it's would be a great way of getting to know people.. :D

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:24 #2 

starbug2
hello and welcome. i know Bernard and he's a nice bloke ( well i have to be nice as i'm buying something of him :lol: ) . i think you will find the lot here are a good bunch and we all have good taste in cars :thumbsup: and you will get to meet them at some point at some meet or other :cheers: and many know one end of a spanner from the other so you may well get help with stuff if you need it or will tell you of some one who can help if they don't .....

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:27 #3 

MrB
Hello Dave and Welcome to the Community

As Zeb has said, next Midlandsish meeting is the National Picnic at Clumber Park, which a lot of the community are intending on attending.

Am sure you'll find this a very helpful and friendly place, I certainly have.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:38 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hi Dave and welcome aboard. :)

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:49 #5 

Bernard
Welcome Dave!

For those who haven't seen the postings on the club site, briefly, Dave's local garage were telling him that he needed 6 new coils whereas he in fact, had no problem whatsoever when I put the scanner on his car!
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:53 #6 

raistlin
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the community.

Hope to see you at one of the nano-meets maybe?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:54 #7 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:Hi Dave,

Welcome to the community.

Hope to see you at one of the nano-meets maybe?

I may have tempted him there, Paul. ;) And/ Or Chasewater.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:56 #8 

takestock
Dave, Welcome.
Community Picnic, bring pies :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 06:10 #9 

starbug2
takestock wrote:Dave, Welcome.
Community Picnic, bring pies :D

what ? apple :lol:

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 06:20 #10 

zojosc
Welcome aboard, now just lay back and chill out. 8-)
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 07:26 #11 

JohnDotCom
Welcome to the Community Dave.
Glad to have you on board. :D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 09:16 #12 

takestock
Over 400 now i see :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 17:29 #13 

Redditchdave
Thank you all . I can't make the sept
Meeting but will certainly plan to come to others (nano meets ?? ). Ps I"m fascinated by the last picture which looks like a 75 in a very nice shade of blue with what looks like a lancia front end . Is this a Photoshop special ?

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 19:51 #14 

Martin
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the club good to see your not far from me in Shirley enjoy.

Just as a point I have found some of the best meets to be over Linconshire way a bit far but WELL worth the travel :cheers:

Regards

Martin
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 15:05 #15 

JakeWilson
Martin wrote:Hi Dave,

Welcome to the club good to see your not far from me in Shirley enjoy.

Just as a point I have found some of the best meets to be over Linconshire way a bit far but WELL worth the travel :cheers:

Regards

Martin

:D :D :D Will be putting a save the date out this weekend for Saturday 6th November.

Jake

Posted 27 Aug 2010, 21:39 #16