Wolverhampton Nano Meet Sunday 24 March by Trebor (Page 5 of 7)

Arctic
(Trader)
Due to the adverse weather conditions and fitting of the compensators i have sent each person an email giving you a choice as to when and how to get them fitted should the meet be cancelled or me turning up if the weather doe's not change in our favour, the list is also now closed all the best Arctic.

All times are approximate so some waiting is inevitable but should be no more than 30 minutes.

List for Sunday 24th March below.

Sunday 24th

Name------------------- Forum-------------- Time

Mick------------------- Community---------- 00.00

mariadeloca------------ 75ztclub----------- 11.00am

Les P------------------ Community--------- 12.00pm

Stubbie---------------- 75ztclub----------- 13.00pm

John P----------------- 75ztclub----------- 13.30pm

This could well be cancelled due to weather condtions and no more bookings are being taken cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 00:21 #81 

James.uk
I think a sledge and snowshoes will be required Steve.... :roll:

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 04:22 #82 

Mad-Monkey
We've got about 2-3inches and its still coming down! Birmingham Airport are apparently on alert for 10inches :shock:

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 09:07 #83 

Duncan
Already seen one neighbour struggling to get grip this morning. Still snowing good and hard.

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 09:30 #84 

dattrike
Monk wrote:We've got about 2-3inches and its still coming down! Birmingham Airport are apparently on alert for 10inches :shock:

Don't tell Mrs dattrike, she'll want to go and compare :-o :shock:
He He!!

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 09:44 #85 

Trebor
Here is the venue at 9am this morning, forecast is for snow all day and into tomorrow until about lunchtime, most forecasts say that the windchill factor tomorrow will be between -7 and -9, so very cold and you wont be able to wear gloves to do jobs. I can still supply food if need be as some of it is already bought and Lyndon will go with the flow and bring the BBQ and Tea Urn.

Before i make a decision what does everyone think, do you still want to turn up for what may just end up possibly being a chat , some food and drink, a huddle and snowball fight ?

I am only across the road so easy for me , you are the guys who have to travel, so let me know what you think and i will make the final decision later based on your wishes

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 10:02 #86 

Duncan
Morning Rob. Twice that amount here and still snowing. If I did come it wouldn't be in my 75 anyway, and I don't fancy doing T4s in that much snow anyway. The T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) box would cope but the LCD on the PC part of it might struggle anyway as it's not a ruggedized beast. So I would say either turn it into just a quick get together or postpone it until things improve.

I'm sure people will ensure you aren't out of pocket for what you have spent. I for sure will send something if it gets pulled.

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 10:08 #87 

Bermudan 75
Hi Rob,

Looks like you have 2 feet of snow.....
Image :lol:
Cheers

Mike

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 11:02 #88 

Jürgen
Well, that's definitely not the weather to do some jobs on the cars! At the very most it can be a chat among friends with lots of hot tea to keep warm. It would be even better to find a place indoors for that.

I'm at Bletchley today, so I'll be around for the dinner at the Gatehouse tonight.

The decision about Sunday is completely up to you guys. If you want to meet up, I'll be there, too. If not, maybe I'll go for a museum somewhere else.

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 11:07 #89 

Mad-Monkey
The merc wouldn't make it I dont think. I'd be at the mercy of borrowing my dads car to come. I think more than likely I would end up not bringing the T4 and helping on other jobs, but what jobs could be done I dont know. Im happy to send some funds to cover costs incurred so far Rob but I'd definately not buy any further supplies.

Ill see if dad needs his car tomorrow :)

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 11:31 #90 

raistlin
Monk wrote:Ill see if dad needs his car tomorrow :)

That comb binder should give you all the traction you need David :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 11:39 #91 

Trebor
Right guys, I have made an executive decision, whether it be heart ruling head or just plain stupidity but something tells me we can still rescue something here, so TOMORROW'S MEET WILL GO AHEAD as there are enough members still wanting to turn up and that in turn may persuade others to do likewise.

There is no snow forecast by any of the experts say after 12pm tomorrow or even earlier, and the forecast cloud and Sun later may take some of the chill away.

Food wise there will still be sausage baps for breakfast cooked by swmbo and Lyndon is still bringing his BBQ and Tea Urn ( plus genny ) to keep us supplied with hot drinks all day, and i have bought in the supplies we need.

Just a word of warning re any jobs that might get done or not as the case may be. I am leaving it up to individuals whether they come or not and that includes the Nano crew and T4 guys, so dont come and expect your jobs to still be completed as planned as that element of the meet will be subject to see what happens on the day, the Nano crew & T4 guys may come but not bring their equipment so dont be too disappointed if that happens, and look at it as a bonus if jobs are completed

I am leaving it entirely up to members to decide if you want to come or not and there is no obligation to turn up for food contributions as I wont take too much of a financial hit hopefully.

I will still keep this thread updated with latest forecasts including first thing Sunday morning so keep an eye on it

What we can still do is have a social gathering, lift bonnets, talk about the cars and offer support and advice, so it will still be worth it and might even be fun !

Please bring a snow shovel if you have one as it will only take a few minutes to clear a suitable area, and if you have an odd pack of BBQ fuel in the garage it would be gratefully received as i only have 2 bags of charcoal currently and not sure if i can get any more, depends if any on the shelves when I go back out in a while.

So look forward to meeting some of you tomorrow new members and old alike

The next 2 day Nano is not too far off on Sat 11 & Sun 12 May 2013 at the Four Ashes when hopefully the weather will be better for completion of jobs !

March 2012

March 2013

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 12:18 #92 

ceedy
I'm gonna have to cry off here.. :hissyfit: over 140 miles each way .
A bit too far in unknown conditions on the way ..

so will make it up to another meet a bit later on .

take care all .. hope you don't snap off your extremities!! :-D

Chris ( and one disappointed grandson ) ..
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 12:51 #93 

Trebor
no problem, there will be a lot of this going on I guess, hope to catch you next time

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 12:58 #94 

Roverite
[quote="Trebor"]no problem, there will be a lot of this going on I guess, hope to catch you next time

Hello Trebor,

I did do a post on here this AM, but it doesn't appear to be on here; probably pressed the wrong button! Anyway, it was to tell you that I will not be coming this time. We now have more than a foot of snow, with drifts up to five feet and the snow plough has not come up today. This is just not going to clear by tomorrow and if it did thaw, we will get flooding in the lower areas. I am bitterly disappointed, as will many others, but nothing to compare with you; I know what it is like organising things and most people don't realise just how much work is done behind the scenes.

As you say, I will catch you next time.

Regards,
Roverite.

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 13:09 #95 

Trebor
No problems take care and get your sledge out !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 14:26 #96 

Bernard
I shall attend but not with the V8!
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 14:55 #97 

Trebor
I have just tallied up the cost of the supplies for tomorrow and it comes to £88.50 and includes, sausages , burgers, burger buns, sausage baps, red and brown sauces, tinned tomatoes, cheese slices, onions, tea, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits, black bags, tin foil.

I was catering for 50 people originally and bought some of the supplies in the week, the meat was pre ordered and although only collected today i was unable to change the order, so we have ended up with plenty of grub for tomorrow.

If those attending tomorrow are prepared to put a suggested amount of £5 in the honesty box, I will get most of my money back and maybe all depending on attendance.

You will get sausage baps, burgers/ cheeseburgers ( probably more than 1 if you want them given the reduced numbers) , biscuits, and plenty of tea and coffee so good value at £5

Should there be any surplus i will put it to the powerfold worm gear project

Many thanks and dont forget the BBQ fuel if you have any surplus hanging around
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 16:18 #98 

kandyman
Afternoon Rob,

If you dont take enough money to cover your costs I'll cover the short fall.

It's the least I can do you help support the nano meets as I cant get up to them myself.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 17:00 #99 

Trebor
Andy thanks for your really kind offer, and not the first I have had
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 17:39 #100