Wolverhampton Nano Meet Sunday 24 March by Trebor (Page 4 of 7)

Jürgen
The magnet is kept safe in the boot, Rob. It has been on the bonnet just for the photo session. :-D
I'm confident that I'll find the place. But I do have your mobile phone number, so I could call for help ... :panic:

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 19:39 #61 

Trebor
Ok Jürgen call if stuck then, see you on Saturday
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 20:50 #62 

1gp
can you add me to the list please, depending on weather. many thanks...

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 20:53 #63 

Trebor
Name added , see you on Sunday
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 22:10 #64 

dattrike
Thermals bought ready for Sunday, forecast looking cold.

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 08:51 #65 

Last edited by dattrike on 22 Mar 2013, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

Roverite
Trebor,

We are 1000ft up on Clee Hill and have had several inches of snow. The snow plough came up during the night and we woke up to no water, although that has now been fixed. More snow is expected today and tomorrow, although Sunday is supposed to be dry.

In view of the above, I will attend the meet, if I can get out (and back), but because of the uncertainty, would you please not order any perishable food for me; if I do get there, I will bring a sandwich, but hot drinks would be welcome! I know this is a belt and braces post, but I don't want to see you out of pocket.

Hopefully, see you Sunday,
Roverite (Colin Gray).

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 09:37 #66 

Trebor
Ok Colin, the food might become an issue as I have already bought a few items but will get the rest on Saturday and need to cater for about 50 people, so i hope all is well for the meet weather wise, forecast for Sunday is cloudy with the odd appearance of the Sun but cold, you will no doubt get more snow on the higher ground.

I have my fingers crossed that most/ all of the snow will be gone come Sunday
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 09:53 #67 

Trebor

Well I would like to say no you cant come as you will not be around on Sunday, or you will at least be a lot smaller , but I am not too sure now

I have just looked at 3 different forecasts, and they all say snow on Friday, Saturday and now also early on Sunday too, brightening up from about 12 on Sunday with cloud and some Sunshine even.

The issue will be that there is not much traffic in and out of the nursery venue so whatever snow falls will not have chance to clear for the meet.

Any under bonnet jobs can still be done such as T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) but wont be ideal for bumper and door removal !

I think the sensible thing to do will be to see how bad the snow is on Saturday morning as there is a lot forecast for Friday evening and then make a decision as I dont want to buy all the food for around 50 members and have to live on sausage and burgers for the next few months if people dont attend !

I really do want the meet to continue and will keep everything crossed that we can still put it on as planned, but please keep an eye on the thread just in case things get so bad that I have no choice but to call it off in the morning, but forecasts can change and also be wrong

I realise that snow might not be affecting all areas and that some members will have have a longer journey than others, so your comments would be welcome if your name is on the list, and you still want to turn up and stuff the snow, or if you have already decided not to come as it will help me to better gauge the potential turn out when i get all the food tomorrow

The snowman above was not built today as the snow is not bad enough at the moment, it was built during the last bad spell in January
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 13:51 #68 

Roverite
Trebor wrote:Ok Colin, the food might become an issue as I have already bought a few items but will get the rest on Saturday and need to cater for about 50 people, so i hope all is well for the meet weather wise, forecast for Sunday is cloudy with the odd appearance of the Sun but cold, you will no doubt get more snow on the higher ground.

I have my fingers crossed that most/ all of the snow will be gone come Sunday

Thanks for the response. I will keep watching and inform you of any changes this end. One bit of good news (for me at least), is that my trims from Simon have just arrived and they look excellent; I was just surprised at how small the package was considering all the items inside.

Anyway, crossed fingers and all that,
Regards,
Roverite.

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 14:08 #69 

Trebor
Yes fingers and everything else crossed for Sunday, Simons trim is better fitted in a warmer climate but you can heat slightly with a hair dryer in colder weather but on a low setting and not for too long, else you will distort the trim
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 14:19 #70 

Jürgen
I hope there won't be too much of this white stuff on Sunday. :lol:

Well, I won't abandon the journey now, as I've just boarded the ferry. :mrgreen:

See you later!

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 14:51 #71 

1gp
its coming down heavy in notts at the moment.. 20.25 friday night.. if this carrys on , then i will not make it.. its been snowing now allday.

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 20:25 #72 

dattrike
I feel left out, no snow at all just rain, rain and more rain here in Tewkesbury.

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 20:48 #73 

dattrike
Jürgen wrote:
Trebor wrote:At the moment please beware of a mother of potholes [...]

Thanks for the pothole forecast! ;)

Must look out for it, having new tyres on the front tomorrow.

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 20:52 #74 

Duncan
Well if you pop to Staffordshire you are welcome to some of our snow. The road outside is white again already.

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 21:03 #75 

Last edited by Duncan on 22 Mar 2013, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

ceedy
Wind and rain gone so Its now just Damp and very very cold down yer in Zummerzet!"

C
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 21:15 #76 

dattrike
Duncan wrote:Well if you pop to Staffordshire you are welcome to some of our snow. The road outside is white again already.

I'll keep a close eye on the various threads accross the fora, I will leave about 10:15am, I'll bring a cool box to collect some :-D :-D

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 21:44 #77 

Jürgen
dattrike wrote:
Jürgen wrote:
Trebor wrote:At the moment please beware of a mother of potholes [...]

Thanks for the pothole forecast! ;)

Must look out for it, having new tyres on the front tomorrow.

You won't see it, covered by several feet of snow ... :mrgreen:

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 21:47 #78 

Bermudan 75
Only a little bit of the white stuff here in South Cheshire, just a dusting compared to January 2010. Nothing that an automatic in snow mode can't handle. :whump:

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 22:21 #79 

carlpenn
Rover418275 wrote:Only a little bit of the white stuff here in South Cheshire, just a dusting compared to January 2010. Nothing that an automatic in snow mode can't handle. :whump:

I drove our new 2.5 V6 Auto today............

In Snow Mode.......

Like a Kid with a new toy I am lol........
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 00:04 #80