Wolverhampton Nano Meet Sunday 24 March by Trebor (Page 3 of 7)

Mick
(Site Admin)
Weather forecast is pretty dire at the moment. :(
Hope there is some change before the day.

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 11:32 #41 

Duncan
Yes. It looks dry but bone chillingly cold.

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 12:14 #42 

Trebor
The forecast i have looked at is for some light snow possible up to Saturday but Sunday has Sun and Cloud

For anyone who hasnt been to the meet before, a few pictures below to help you find the venue once you are in Long Lane, and a reminder of the postcode which is WS6 6AT

You can access Long Lane from either the A34 or the B4210

From the A34:

From the B4210:

At the moment please beware of a mother of potholes which is located a few yards over the bridge on the left hand side and a couple of feet from the kerb, it is visible in the picture 2 above. It has been reported but who knows when it will be fixed. You will not be able to veer over to the right as you approach the crown of the bridge in case something is coming the other way but if you approach slowly you will be able to see if anyone is coming the other way and will have the time to veer over and avoid the pothole if nothing is coming. The picture below doesnt do it justice, its deeper at the back of the hole than the front

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 15:54 #43 

Last edited by Trebor on 21 Mar 2013, 11:34, edited 2 times in total.

woolleysox
Blimey Rob you will be meeting everyone off the motorway next
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 16:15 #44 

Trebor
What a great idea !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 16:27 #45 

Trebor
Catering for Sunday:

Breakfast - approx 10.30

Sausage Baps cooked and prepared by swmbo at home which I will collect and bring over to the venue

Lunch - approx 12.30

Burgers/Cheeseburgers cooked at the venue on the BBQ

All day availability - tea/coffee/biscuits , just help yourselves from the urn, cups and milk will be provided

The honesty box will be there for contributions to the food and BBQ fuel and when I have bought the supplies at the weekend I will have a better idea of how much it will be per person but approx £4/£5 and for that you will get all of the above
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 16:37 #46 

Jürgen
Trebor wrote:At the moment please beware of a mother of potholes [...]

Thanks for the pothole forecast! ;)

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 19:00 #47 

raistlin
Trebor wrote:Sausage Baps cooked and prepared by swmbo at home which I will collect and bring over to the venue

Rob, tell Jayne I think she's a star - but you already know that :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 19:09 #48 

Trebor
Ok Paul will do , it makes a lot of sense this time given the numbers coming, see you on Sunday
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 19:12 #49 

woolleysox
Trebor wrote:What a great idea !

Hi Rob dont forget we normally put the nano banner on the gate as well
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 19:14 #50 

raistlin
Well, I finally sourced a DMC M22520/1-01 crimping tool, complete with the correct turret :)

£600 to buy retail price, mine cost £35. WHAT a bargain. That completes my collection of appropriate crimping tools for use at nano-meets and I now no longer have to rely on borrowing from work.

I know, I know, boring... but I'm chuffed :)
Paul

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 19:22 #51 

Trebor
raistlin wrote:Well, I finally sourced a DMC M22520/1-01 crimping tool, complete with the correct turret :)

£600 to buy retail price, mine cost £35. WHAT a bargain. That completes my collection of appropriate crimping tools for use at nano-meets and I now no longer have to rely on borrowing from work.

This post is worthless without pics !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 19:50 #52 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Trebor wrote:
raistlin wrote:Well, I finally sourced a DMC M22520/1-01 crimping tool, complete with the correct turret :)

This post is worthless without pics !

Are you sure? :scared:

http://www.dmctools.com/Products/standa ... _tool.html

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 19:58 #53 

Duncan
Last DMC I saw was in back to the future. have you bought a time machine at a bargain price, Paul?

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 20:18 #54 

raistlin
Since you ask Rob :)

A thing of beauty, I'm sure you'll agree :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 20:25 #55 

Trebor
Absolute beauty Paul !

Seriously the full set must command a decent value
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Mar 2013, 21:15 #56 

Trebor
ceedy wrote:I will most likely now be accompanied by no 1 grandson ( 11yrs) ..so get an xtra 5lb of sausages on the go !! :-D

and considering wandering up on Saturday and staying in some dive locally , to save have such a long sunday :thumbsup:

Chris

PS getting paranoid about my tiny knocking noise in the suspension now !! :em:
never do any trips over about 40miles at the moment !!

Places to stay on the nano website "links " page below if any good to you
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 12:51 #57 

Arctic
(Trader)
This is my last post for the fitting process and only one place is left which it also posted on other forums i am a memebr of cheers Arctic

All times are approximate so some waiting is inevitable but should be no more than 30 minutes.
List for Sunday 24th March below.

Sunday 24th
Name------------------- Forum-------------- Time
Mick------------------- Community---------- 00.00
mariadeloca------------ 75ztclub----------- 11.00am
Les P------------------ Community--------- 12.00pm
Stubbie---------------- 75ztclub----------- 13.00pm
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 15:24 #58 

Jürgen
Ready to go now ...

IMG_2802.JPG

:-D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 17:07 #59 

Trebor
Remember to remove the magnet before you set off and have a safe journey Jürgen, see you on Saturday night.

Do you know where the meal location is now or do you want to meet somewhere near and follow me ?

I was driving past there last week and there's lots of trees with lights in which you cant miss and looks very Christmassy, so find the lights and you are there !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 19:09 #60