Wolverhampton Nano Meet Sunday 24 March by Trebor (Page 6 of 7)

1gp
sorry to say i will not make it tomorrow.. heavy snow here , and still coming down , as it has for two days now. i will make the nxt one , and be happy to help members out with jobs on there cars...

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 20:17 #101 

Mad-Monkey
Sorry guys but I don't think I'm going to make it. Dad wants the car and I dont feel comfortable making the journey in mine. Plus having just recovered from a horrendous cold I dont fancy being in the snow. Its still coming down :(

Paul I'll get the binding machine from you as soon as convenient if thats ok?

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 21:05 #102 

Arctic
(Trader)
Sorry to report boys i will not be attending, i have notified the members whom were due to have the compensator mod fitted by personal email as to the alternative choice for the fitting etc, those whom are or may still be attending for a chat & huddle round the BBQ i hope you wrap up warm and at the very least the winter/spring sun breaks through for you a bit and i hope to see you at the next nano meet or before at other meets POL etc, cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 23 Mar 2013, 21:09 #103 

Trebor
Overnight forecasts have changed for the worst, more snow falling now and some forecasts say it will last until afternoon and the sky looks full of it, what a ****** !

Looks like the decision to keep this meet on was a foolish one after all as i was hoping there would not be any snow and all we would have to brave is the cold, but there is no shelter at the venue so with snow driving down not sure how long we would last

As its only 7.28 am and we are not due to start until 10.30 I will report back in an hour, but if you all want to stay in the warm please do so and just post on here that you are not coming, its not a problem and probably the sensible option
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 07:32 #104 

Trebor
Interim report - snow has now eased off here considerably.

I will make a final decision at 8.30 am
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 08:03 #105 

Trebor
MEETING CANCELLED

With regret guys I have finally had to accept defeat, just been over to the nursery and conditions as per pictures below.
Snowing again here and bitterly cold, no shelter at venue, and because there have been no cars in there for a few days it is quite deep as you enter and I think we would be faced with pushing some of the cars to even get in

The driving conditions in the Lane are not great and we have seen no gritters overnight by the looks of it.

Sorry to disappoint anyone who wanted to come but safety is paramount and the weather forecast for no snow but cloud and sun today instead is far far off the mark.

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 08:41 #106 

Gren 24
Thanks For the update and your hard work trying to keep the meet.Could you please PM me your PayPal so I can put some towards the cost or let me know how I can send some to you.

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 09:03 #107 

dattrike
Rob as per post on OC please let me have details to contribute.

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 09:22 #108 

raistlin
Not even you can beat the weather Rob :(

Probably a good decision though.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 09:28 #109 

Trebor
A number of people have offered to contribute either via posts or pms which is much appreciated

There is no obligation but it will help recover some of my costs if you wish to, so please pm me for my details.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 09:32 #110 

Last edited by Trebor on 24 Mar 2013, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

carlpenn
Rob, Sorry to hear of the Cancellation. But as everyone says, probably for the Best.

Will send you a Donation as per OC and look forward to meeting you Guys at the Next allocated Meet :)

The Tourer is 5 - 6 Inches under snow right now !!!!!!! Amazing how it collects when undisturbed......
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 09:38 #111 

Duncan
Sorry it had to happen, but the only sensible decision in my opinion. Duncan.

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 09:50 #112 

Trebor
i do hope Jürgen has checked in here as he normally does as was travelling back from Milton Keynes to get here today !

Many thanks for the contributions so far
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 10:37 #113 

Bernard
Well we can't call Rob Rainman any longer. He will carry the soubriquet 'Snowman' now. :gmc:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 10:45 #114 

Duncan
Turns out the main road between here and the meet is closed as trees have been brought down by the weight of snow. So I'm very glad I stayed home!

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 11:02 #115 

Yam
A young lad, going a little to quickly, has just slid into a neighbours car, parked on his drive !!! and pushed it into his Garage door....!!!!
Oh dear !!!

As said on the other site.....a shame, but only thing to do.

Yam.

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 11:09 #116 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Imessaged Jürgen, he's making his way over here so all's well.

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 11:37 #117 

Trebor
3 members did attend the meet so we just had a coffee and chat in the house, it was nice to meet Tom, Michael and Stoj

Snowing heavily here now so it was the right result

I have removed my paypal address from the above post now as on a public forum, please pm me if you want it and thanks again for the contributions so far, it gives me a nice feeling to know there are members out there who care
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 13:17 #118 

Trebor
Mick wrote:Imessaged Jürgen, he's making his way over here so all's well.

Thanks for that Mick he did message me so he was stopped before he got too far
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 15:25 #119 

Trebor
A big thanks for all the financial contributions towards the food that have come in during the day but no more please !

I spent £88.50 and so far have received £85 via paypal thanks to your generosity, plus my £5 so thats £90 and I am £1.50 over !

I have put the meat in the freezer and it may reappear at the Ashes 2 day meet in May to cook around the camp fire at midnight for anyone peckish !

The Coffee and tea bags will also be taken to the Ashes as the kettle is normally on all day.

The bread will feed the birds

Once again sorry to have to postpone the meet but in the end it was the right decision.

At least someone is happy !

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Mar 2013, 20:00 #120