Wolverhampton Nano-Meet 11th March 2012 *Now with hot food* by raistlin (Page 9 of 10)

Trebor
Yes apologies for the duplicate pictures, if Mick doesnt get to edit them, will do it later from home.

When i tried to post all the image links nothing seemed to be happening, so i tried again and again and you can see the result.

I a currently at work and cannot view the images on this machine to see if they have already been edited by Mick
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 12:18 #161 

Mick
(Site Admin)
All sorted Rob. You just didn't allow enough time to load the 78 links in your post. No problem, just deleted the two extra posts. :)

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 12:30 #162 

Chartermark
Thanks everyone, as usual a rich smorgasboad of setting, people, humour, help and knowledge.

Martin

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 13:34 #163 

Bermudan 75
Chartermark wrote:Thanks everyone, as usual a rich smorgasboad of setting, people, humour, help and knowledge.

Martin

....and an interesting conversation about the Avro Anson, to be continued.... :thumbsup:

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 14:51 #164 

Trebor
ta Mick !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 17:04 #165 

starbug2
Mick wrote:All sorted Rob. You just didn't allow enough time to load the 78 links in your post. No problem, just deleted the two extra posts. :)

you have your uses :thumbsup: :)

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 18:24 #166 

raistlin
First nano-meet of the year and I would have to say that the bar is already set very high :)

Rainman has finally lost his nick-name :lol: Thanks Rob - you arranged brilliant weather.

Thanks to Les (Gren 24) who took over assisting with the fitting of several sets of powerfolds. In doing so he allowed me to spend rather more time than was originally envisaged working on Andy's car.

Steve, I think, could best be described as a tornado on steroids :) man, you got around yesterday.

If things turn out as agreed yesterday, there will be several Ultimate Remotes being installed in the near future and could well be done during an old skool nano-meet (or two) chez nous.

The catering seemed to work well. I imagine Rob's long suffering wife, Jayne, will be breathing a sigh of relief anyway. Certainly, I didn't hear any complaints either about quality, price or service and Brian is happy to attend further nano-meets at Teddy Bears.

In fact, if we open early enough they are happy to provide breakfast as required so as to keep everything at the one venue. The idea seemed to meet with broad approval yesterday but will be given more consideration, I expect, at a later date.

It was, as usual, great to see faces old and new but I really do wonder whether name badges might be appropriate in future ;)

Finally, thanks to Rob, who not only organized the venue to run so smoothly but also for the way in which he sorted out VeeKay's mud-flap and in doing so, exposed me for the craven I am when faced with attacking VeeKay with an electric drill. Terrific job mate :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 19:01 #167 

Bermudan 75
What I liked about this latest meet was that Paul actually got to do some work on VEEKAY, usually he has unselfishly given his time and expertise to others. :thumbsup:

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 20:43 #168 

starbug2
i got a touch of the sun.....

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 21:08 #169 

Trebor
mad dogs and Starbug................
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 21:50 #170 

Merl
had a great time as normal :)

These things just get better and better!

Catering people were great and no complaints there....
Martin

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 21:57 #171 

Jürgen
Good to read that it has been such a success. Well, not unexpected of course. :)

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 22:06 #172 

starbug2
Trebor wrote:mad dogs and Starbug................

Woof Woof :lol: :lol:

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 22:09 #173 

Chartermark
Rover418275 wrote:
Chartermark wrote:Thanks everyone, as usual a rich smorgasboad of setting, people, humour, help and knowledge.

Martin

....and an interesting conversation about the Avro Anson, to be continued.... :thumbsup:

To say nothing of the Westland Lysander Mike ...

http://www.pilotfriend.com/photo_albums ... sander.htm

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 00:33 #174 

PaulT
My first nano and an excellent day out.

Will admit I felt like a spare wotsit at a how's your father just wandering around but did get to lend a pair of pliers, admittedly not used.

Tne catering van - now, perhaps because I hail from down South but the prices seemed amazing and by that I mean low - a captive audience and very reasonable prices.

The T4s were going non-stop and what a service for members. Doors also seemed to be falling off of cars.

Must be a great place to carry out some work if you are a little unsure - there will be someone who can advise.

Unfortunately, the H&S police should be going in to action. No risk assessment so I got a burnt forehead :lol:
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 09:23 #175 

Trebor
" Unfortunately, the H&S police should be going in to action. No risk assessment so I got a burnt forehead "

Glad you enjoyed yourself, as for the risk assessment had we had one done that said bring your suntan lotion for an 11 March meet, we would have all thought it a bit wide of the mark !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 12:41 #176 

Bermudan 75
Chartermark wrote:
Rover418275 wrote:

Martin

To say nothing of the Westland Lysander Mike ...

http://www.pilotfriend.com/photo_albums ... sander.htm

Martin,

The Avro Anson funeral flight from RAF Bovingdon, flew over our house.

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/ ... 01245.html

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 13:02 #177 

raistlin
I forgot to mention this earlier.

I made a set of powerfold looms for somebody to collect at the nano-meet. I can't remember who it was and they didn't ask for them so I've a spare set now if anybody wants them :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 19:55 #178 

TyphoonTT
Really disappointed not to have made it up. Missed out on a terrific meet.

Hoping to make the next one.

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 22:39 #179 

takestock
Thats two of us then :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 22:46 #180