Wolverhampton Nano-Meet 11th March 2012 *Now with hot food* by raistlin (Page 8 of 10)

Duncan
Just got back, fantastic day, fantastic weather.

Good to see you all again, goos to get time to chat too. Shame I didn't get time to take photos, I hope someone did and can post them!

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 19:38 #141 

starbug2
:lol: i expect some photos will be posted

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 19:59 #142 

starbug2
uploading now to photo bucket- being very slow to upload

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 20:05 #143 

Last edited by starbug2 on 11 Mar 2012, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

Bermudan 75
Yet another great Wolves Nano-meet, great cars, great people, great food, great location, great weather. :thumbsup:

Wolves Nano-meets, the original, the best, beware of imitations. :-o

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 20:46 #144 

Bernard
Really enjoyed today, many thanks to all involved for making it a really good and successful meet.
I hope everyone got home safely.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 21:07 #145 

starbug2

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 21:12 #146 

starbug2

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 21:14 #147 

starbug2

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 21:18 #148 

Ragman
Simply a brilliant day, many many thanks to Les, Bernard, Ian and Paul for all the help getting my powerfolds fitted, really pleased

Thanks for making a newcomer so welcome, great to put some faces to names at last

And for those of you who thought I was mad making the nigh on 400 mile round trip - quick calc shows I did 25mpg on the trip and considering was pretty slow through Birmingham/M42 until I hit the M40 I don't think thats too bad from the V8

Again huge thanks to all

See you at the next one!

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 21:21 #149 

Stu C
Yeah cracking day, will try to make some more considering only down the road lol! See you all doon :)

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 21:23 #150 

starbug2
ImageImage

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 21:25 #151 

pob06
Well what did I learn at my first Nano meet.....???

A hell of a lot actually, I sponged up lots of info on the cars (which I hope to remember when the time is right) and was able to listen in (and occasionally join in) on chats and advice with our cars.

The Community, Owners Club and 260 is populated by enthusiastic, incredibly friendly, patient and amazingly knowledgeable people, who all love the R75's and ZT's in all their forms and are happy to humour a muppet noob.

I was lucky enough to have a couple of essential bits and bobs done to my car, an unexpected T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) session and how to put postcodes in the satnav - thank you to all concerned it was really appreciated. Hopefully I will be abe to contribute more in future meets.

I had some useful chats about ICE etc. Seancars unit sounds great when it works. But I still like my highline - lots of upgrade potential.

Martin took me for a blast in his supercharged V8 ZT mmmmmmm me likies. *Biiiiiigg Grin and Drooool*

The burger van did excellent bacon and egg butties and sausage and egg baps *yummy*

Its unbelieveably quick to get a rear bumper off if you know how - I blinked and it was off - blimey. , even if we couldnt 'quite' get to the bottom of the mystery.

All in all I had a fantastic day out in the sun - thank you everyone (even got 38.2 ave mpg on my chilled drive back - not bad for a 2.5 Connie Auto - 72 on cruise and enjoy the comfort back to Reading)

Naturally I've come away with another shopping list of bits haha

Borrow a control unit to check parking sensors, rear brake check, walnut, a V8 ZT, a cdt, heated washers, headlamp washers, new boot and side pillar badges, and lots of other bits and bobs (luckily a few I have in hand) etc etc haha.

Decided NOT to get the engine covers painted.

Cant wait for the POL and National meet now to meet more new people and meet todays folks again '(but please dont be offended if I cant remember everyones names)

pob

PS Trebor - I love the idea of cable tying a mini bottle of whiskey to my walking stick
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 21:30 #152 

Last edited by pob06 on 15 Mar 2012, 15:51, edited 4 times in total.

starbug2
ImageImageImageImageImage

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 21:32 #153 

starbug2

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 21:36 #154 

starbug2
Trebor
a brilliant meet, thanks to all members for making it so, my pictures below Image
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 22:19 #156 

Mad-Monkey
Top day! Nice to meet everyone again, always a pleasure! :)

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 23:06 #157 

monsterness
was there 3 meets ?

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 23:29 #158 

Mick
(Site Admin)
monsterness wrote:was there 3 meets ?

Certainly looks like it, I'd better do a bit of editing.

From the pics you fellows had a cracking day.

Posted 11 Mar 2012, 23:42 #159 

Arctic
(Trader)
Excellent when is the next one end of march is it :thumbsup: i am sure if it was it too would be a great sucess as this one truly was they just keep getting better thanks to Duncan for helping sort out my surging problem maf sensor needed. Big thanks to Ian for help will all the compensators,Rob for organising the place and meet along with Lyndon Mick with the genny's Rob (Wooleysox for flying the Flag) Steve Devilish yummy bread pud :) Paul (Rastlin for the catering van) Monk for his T4 along with Duncans too and all members whom came which these events would not be the same without fab day and some good crack :clap: :clap: see you all soon Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 02:23 #160