What's the worst thing you've ever eaten? by Bernard

Bernard
I've been thinking of this for some time and my experience last night triggered me to post this.

The burger that I ate in the M6 service area north of Birmingham, with some sort of bread substitute wrapped around an unidentified lump of possible protein, must come close to the top of my list, which is headed by half a raw cod's head for breakfast, served in Leningrad when I was working there in the early '70s

Just to fill you in, my V8 engine decided it did not want to go any more in the road works near Hilton Park. Scary moment trying to move across the other 2 lanes of traffic with no power. :shock:

Car was recovered by the patrols to the service area and I had a snack, against my better judgement, in the Burger bar. First and last time that I have bought a burger from a bar.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 10:31 #1 

raistlin
Raw squid.

At RAF Gibraltar in 1976.

I was so drunk I accepted a dare and didn't remember it the next morning... until one of my colleagues took great delight in reminding me.

Unfortunately, once he convinced me that I had actually eaten the stuff, he paid for it by being in the direct path of spontaneous projectile vomiting ;( :gmc:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 10:37 #2 

DeuxGazoles
Not including the daft things when I was younger such as pen springs :em: I think the worst thing for me was a Pizza I got a couple of years ago..............I'd spent my absolute last few quid on it & when I got a couple of slices into it it tasted like mouldy bread & sure enough there waere little blotches all over the base, I rang up & complained & they sent me a replacement but I just couldn't face it :evil:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 10:42 #3 

calibrax
Not had it myself, but I can't imagine there's much worse than Casu Marzu. :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 12:52 #4 

Bernard
calibrax wrote:Not had it myself, but I can't imagine there's much worse than Casu Marzu. :shock:

Doesn't count unless you've tried it.
Anyway, that doesn't sound too bad once the maggots have stopped jumping.

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 13:11 #5 

takestock
Pickled Lime, it's one of the dips at my local curry house. My son couldn't swallow it and his girlfriend politely deposited it into a hanky.

It is vile, trouble is i have to try it again everytime we go :confused:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 14:35 #6 

Bernard
takestock wrote:Pickled Lime, it's one of the dips at my local curry house. My son couldn't swallow it and his girlfriend politely deposited it into a hanky.

I love it! :D
But I'm not from Yorkshire I suppose :gmc:

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 14:50 #7 

James.uk
Anything and everything cooked by my EX wife... :em:

:lol: :D

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 16:26 #8 

Duncan
Well breakfast the last three mornings has to be a close runner up, but the worst was sea cucumber (I think) at a Chinese restaurant in Los Angeles. I say I think because the Japanese guys insisted on ordering.

I was also not very taken with boiled calves trotters. Grey hairy gristle. And that was thirty odd years ago.

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 19:25 #9 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:
takestock wrote:Pickled Lime, it's one of the dips at my local curry house. My son couldn't swallow it and his girlfriend politely deposited it into a hanky.

I love it! :D

Me too. Always have a jar in the cupboard :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 19:43 #10 

Chiffon Huileux
I think the worst thing I'd ever had was an off banana milkshake. It was a red hot day and i was choking for a drink. I'd bought if from a shop earlier. I opened it and started chugging it down. I'd drank half the bottle by the time I had worked out what the lumps were. Image
Anyone want to stroke my Chinese Bear?

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 19:49 #11 

loz1971
A live clam pulled freshly from the sea in France when I was 13 years old, I was on a French cookery holiday with the school and the chef asked if anybody would do it, and like a fool I said yes!! it was really nasty, full of sand and sea water, but I managed not to throw it back up again!!

Trouble was, just after we went to the swimming baths, and when I nearly drowned due to my muscles seizing up, I discovered I was allergic to fresh shellfish!! :roll: :roll: :D :D
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 23:54 #12 

calibrax
Bernard wrote:
calibrax wrote:Not had it myself, but I can't imagine there's much worse than Casu Marzu. :shock:

Doesn't count unless you've tried it.
Anyway, that doesn't sound too bad once the maggots have stopped jumping.

So, dead/still maggots are "not too bad"?! Rather you than me...! :lol:
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 14:03 #13 

cymrudragon
Must be when i was a small child and my mother would cook lamb frys and sweetbread ( sheep testicles) and it sounds as bad as the tast , also beef dripping on bread yyyyuuuukkkk

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 15:22 #14