web and email hosting recommendation please by Mike

Mike
My current host is closing on 18 June and I have to find pdq another host for my business website and email. does anyone have good experiences that they can recommend?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 14:10 #1 

Duncan
Is it a big site or have a lot of traffic?

There are a number of network attached storage boxes around that can host websites and act as an email server.

May be an option if it's not a big task.

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 14:15 #2 

Mike
Duncan,

Thanks for that. No it is a tiny site, and even when fully developed will be a matter of 10 or 12 pages total. am interested to hear more of the options you mention. The business email is my lifeline so up tiem is key.

Thanks

Mike

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 14:23 #3 

Dave
Who are you with now?

34sp have done fine for me and my two little forums for the past 6 years or so....

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 15:51 #4 

raistlin
Servage.net have had my business for the last several years without a hitch. :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 16:07 #5 

Duncan
I have a synology NAS box that has web server and email. The version I have is the DS209, which is a midrange. 2 discs for RAID. Does web hosting, photo hosting, FTP, and surveillence amongst other things.

I'm with BT Broadband so have a dynamic IP, but I use a dynamic DNS service to point to my IP address as it changes. My biggest problem is not the server, but the router which has a habit of falling over. I think I've only had server issues a couple of times in the almost a year I've had the box, which is on 24/7.

No expert on these things, but it does for me.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 10:48 #6 

steven
I use IXWebhosting.com

They are cheap and very reliable

Unlimited space and traffic for $3.95 month.
Does this look familiar?

Continuing to support the 75 community wherever they may be

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 19:39 #7