Walnut Accessory Info & Order Details by Trebor (Page 1 of 3)

Trebor
If anyone on this forum is interested in ordering any walnut accessories for their car, the details of what is available are below, if you have any questions please ask or pm me

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=46048

If anyone wants to order please dont do it through e bay as it is difficult for Simon to give any discount, instead please e mail him direct at:

bg3711@yahoo.com
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 05 Dec 2011, 21:01 #1 

Last edited by Trebor on 30 Oct 2013, 19:15, edited 11 times in total.

kandyman
Cheers for posting, some nice looking stuff there.

I might of missed the answer to this as I don't get to read all the threads posted elsewhere but was there any interest in making the light oak ?

Posted 05 Dec 2011, 21:53 #2 

Trebor
that will happen i have no doubt but Simons light oak supplier has put his prices up big time so Simon is resourcing his raw material from elswehere, once he has then all items will also be available in light oak as well as walnut
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 05 Dec 2011, 22:30 #3 

kandyman
Thanks for the update Rob.

Posted 05 Dec 2011, 22:57 #4 

Trebor
There is a temporary blip with the seat sides as I originally sourced a seat side and sent over to Simon for the design which he has done, but that was before we realised there are 2 different sizes,one is 28.5mm from the end of the oblong memory switch hole to the next nearest switch, but mine is 33.5mm from the end of the oblong to the next nearest switch so a 5mm diference - could be a Mk1/ Facelift issue but not sure.

Simon now has the measurements for both and will be producing the other size very soon but in the meantime if you intend ordering, make sure you have the 28.5mm which is the one he has ready to go, otherwise just hold fire and i will keep this thread updated

Incidentally the memory switch does prize out from the front easily with a small screwdriver and it is also possible to pass the oblong hole in the piece over the oval switch without disconnecting the wire behind it, so the oblong version can be fitted without removing the entire side.

Hope all you Wal " Nuts " have a great Xmas and New Year
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Dec 2011, 10:50 #5 

Duncan
I'll try to do a quick measure on mine, as I have early and late with memory. Will be a couple of days though.....

Posted 24 Dec 2011, 20:56 #6 

Trebor
no problem Duncan, but that will be very useful, the donor seat side i sent over for the original design was from a Mk1 but that size has already fit a members facelift on the forum so it doesnt seem a s simple as Mk1 v Facelift, cant understand why there would be different size seat sides anyway tbh
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Dec 2011, 21:23 #7 

Trebor
Whilst Simon has been designing the seat sides, the memory option has caused a bit of confusion but all sorted now, it seems that all the pre facelift and some early facelift models have a 17mm measurement, whereas the facelifts have a 23mm measurement, this is the distance from the end of the memory switch to the next nearest switch, all explained on Simon's new schematic below which I have also posted at post 1 of this thread , so if you want to order seat sides please check the measurement on yours and let Simon know when ordering.

The door cappings have moved on a notch, Jim has sent me a template of his and Simon has agreed to design a cover to fit so i will be sending him the template this week. It means of course if you want these there will be a bit of DIY to do but we can all follow Jims template, then you can fit it with a shallow screw form the inside and fix Simons facia on the inside outer facing of it, i will keep you all posted

A full update can be found on the club forum , link in post 1
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 22 Jan 2012, 19:04 #8 

RhodieBill
Hi there.
I was thinking about this stuff but I only want the following: (23) (7) (9) (10) (11) (12) (6) plus the rear air vent.
Can you just buy these? If so, how much in total please?

Thank you.
Bill.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 22 Jan 2012, 20:02 #9 

Trebor
Hi Bill

Simon does all the pricing I am just his club contact if you like for any new designs, if you e mail simon at the e mail address in post 1 and tell him what numbers you want he will let you know the cost inc postage to the U K
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 22 Jan 2012, 20:33 #10 

RhodieBill
Thanks Trebor.......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 23 Jan 2012, 12:15 #11 

kandyman
Thanks for the update Rob.

Still keen on light oak of he starts making them ;)

Posted 23 Jan 2012, 18:01 #12 

Trebor
There is a problem with sourcing the material for light oak,the Light Oak Simon had was part of a consignment for Rover Cars back in 2006, so it was an exact match. Simon has asked the supplier if they have something of a similar colour as a standard stock item. He has also asked for a minimum quantity that they will make for him, and he is expecting them to say 3000 square metres, which will be far too much and too costly. To put it in perspective the roll he bought in 2006 was 98m x 240mm (just under 24 square metres) If there are any developments I will keep everyone posted
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 23 Jan 2012, 23:16 #13 

Trebor
A few developments on new designs! details on the club forum if anyone wants to view

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... 48&page=68
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 26 Jan 2012, 18:36 #14 

Trebor
2 new walnut designs now available as on post 1 of this thread, Rear armrest/cubby insert and full Harmony facia
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 27 Jan 2012, 09:36 #15 

Trebor
These are the latest additions from Simon, clock and thumbwheel surrounds in chrome to match the chrome air vent covers.

These are hot off the press as I only received them a few days ago and I will take better pictures when I get a chance

Please do not try and order them yet as at the moment I have no prices and Simon is on holiday for 3 weeks, as soon as he gets back i will get a price and post on here with the ok to order.

The thumbwheel has no holes for the warm and cold symbols which i think looks better, but with the clock surrounds Simon has skilfully put 2 holes which will allow the clock time to be adjusted as normal

coming next are door cappings but the design is not yet finished so watch this space and please be patient
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 15 Jul 2012, 11:43 #16 

Gate Keeper
Thanks for your help Rob. I put in an order to Simon for the full chrome and walnut set. I sent him a photo of the 16:9 wide screen double din Hi-Line monitor as it is not featured on his order form. He says if I am able to send him the plastic fascia from the front, then he will be able to make the trim. He is very helpful.

Posted 23 Aug 2012, 20:10 #17 

Gate Keeper
Here is the photo I sent him. I am getting the knobs replaced as the existing ones have been scratched by someone who had very long finger nails!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 23 Aug 2012, 20:18 #18 

Trebor
Yes Simon is very helpful and nothing seems to much trouble for him at times, please post some pictures when you get the piece made and let us know the cost as i can also post on the club forum which may help members there
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Aug 2012, 09:40 #19 

Gate Keeper
I tried to remove the front of the panel yesterday without any luck. I emailed Jake as he did the install with Lewis (no reply yet) and Lewis was not certain.

The kit I ordered from Simon came to £154 for the full chrome and the walnut set with options: the rear seat cubby unit and front seat panels. I decided to go for the rear vent in chrome instead of walnut. If I am still not able to remove the front plastic panel from the widescreen then I will call it a day as I do not want to send out the whole unit out. I will post up the cost of having a panel made if it goes the other way.

Posted 24 Aug 2012, 10:09 #20