Fuse number help ASAP by kandyman (Page 1 of 4)

kandyman
Hi, I have a R75 2004 woth the new style fuse board.

I jumped in the car today and noticed the
indicators stopped working
radio has stopped working
The central door locking
And the boot opening not working.

And on the air con display it shows
Err.

Hoping that this is a blown fuse could someone shed any light on what fuse number ?

Thanks

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 11:52 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Different fuses for each one of those Andy. I'd go for a battery off reset if I were you.

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 14:08 #2 

Mofo
Is it not worth quickly checking all the under bonnet fuses just in case - might as well since taking the battery off puts you in the vicinity?

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 14:12 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
A/C under bonnet is 10Amp on mine is number 9
Central locking is 20Amp no. 1 passenger compartment box
Audio system is 15Amp no. 33 " " "

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 14:19 #4 

raistlin
Just checked RAVE Andy. I concur with Mick. Either earlier or later fusebox, there doesn't seem to be a common fuse :(

Battery reset would be my first thought.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 14:58 #5 

kandyman
Thanks guys,

I do a battery reset and check the under bonnet fuses and report back.

Don't like driving without indicators not when I've a 500 mile drive to look forward to next week.

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 16:48 #6 

JohnDotCom
Don't like driving without indicators not when I've a 500 mile drive to look forward to next week

You coming to see me then Andy? :cheers: :-D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 17:59 #7 

kandyman
Battery reset done and it all worked until I done a key recycle and it stopped working again. :?

Checked the plemun and that's all clear.

Started to rain so no more investigation for now.

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 18:02 #8 

kandyman
JohnDotCom wrote:You coming to see me then Andy? :cheers: :-D

Once is enough :grin:

Maybe next year and ill bring Deb.

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 18:06 #9 

raistlin
The engine starts OK?
Paul

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 18:25 #10 

raistlin
Andy, I've had a quick discussion with the oracle (Duncan).

He is busy at the moment but hopes to get online later.

In the meantime, the big power cables which go to the main power fuses in the UBFB might be worth looking at, specifically to see if any of the securing screws on the big fuses might have worked loose.

If that doesn't throw up the fault, I'll continue to wade through RAVE and Duncan will be on the case presently.
Paul

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 18:32 #11 

kandyman
raistlin wrote:The engine starts OK?

Engine starts and drives fine.

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 18:39 #12 

kandyman
raistlin wrote:Andy, I've had a quick discussion with the oracle (Duncan).

He is busy at the moment but hopes to get online later.

In the meantime, the big power cables which go to the main power fuses in the UBFB might be worth looking at, specifically to see if any of the securing screws on the big fuses might have worked loose.

If that doesn't throw up the fault, I'll continue to wade through RAVE and Duncan will be on the case presently.

Thanks for the input,

I'll have to check in the morning as its still raining and dark here in The Kingdom of Fife.

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 18:49 #13 

Duncan
This ones a puzzler. Is it theindicators not working, or just the indicator on the IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German))? Are the actual indicators working by any chance?

Do the hazards work OK?

When you say the central locking doesn't work, is it only the console button that doesn't work or the fob as well. What happens if you use the key in the door?

Sorry for all the questions but it might point us in the right direction.

Finally, do you have access to a meter or test lamp?

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 18:58 #14 

kandyman
Duncan wrote:This ones a puzzler. Is it theindicators not working, or just the indicator on the IPK? Are the actual indicators working by any chance?

Do the hazards work OK?

When you say the central locking doesn't work, is it only the console button that doesn't work or the fob as well. What happens if you use the key in the door?

Sorry for all the questions but it might point us in the right direction.

Finally, do you have access to a meter or test lamp?

Hi Duncan,

The indicators are not working on the ipk but the lights are flashing.
(Good spot as I never checked this before)

Hazards lights work but not on ipk.

At the moment the locking works but some times it won't the cental locking button in the car opens and locks the car the fob opens the car but wont lock it

Dont have any test equipment here only a good socket set.

Thanks

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 19:21 #15 

Duncan
A couple more. Do the brake lights still work? How about the mirror adjust? Windscreen washer pump?

There doesn't seem to be even a common fusible link or relay, but all of the circuits you mention, plus those above, appear to need the accessory position to be live. If your ignition switch is faulty (or a connection to this circuit) you might get these symptoms.

In the passenger fusebox, see if you can check for volts on fuse 11 and fuse 4 (ignition on). Even if the fuses are OK, it's possible there's no supply to them from the ignition switch.

It's also very possible you have a kbus fault. I typed all the above stuff before I saw that the indicators work outside but not IPK. However the voltage feed could still be the issue. I'll keep thinking, but do you have hiline radio?

EDIT: the IPK feeds might cause some of these problems. Check fuses 15 16 and 29 in the passenger box. I doubt it's a fuse because sometimes it's OK sometimes not.

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 19:27 #16 

kandyman
Hi Duncan,

Wipers work.
Horn works
Sun blind works
Interior lights work.
Door mirrors work
Brake lights work.

I do have a high line system, the full widescreen set up.

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 19:54 #17 

raistlin
kandyman wrote:Hi Duncan,

Wipers work.
Horn works
Sun blind works
Interior lights work.
Door mirrors work
Brake lights work.

I do have a high line system, the full widescreen set up.

Unlikely to be ignition switch accessory contact then.

I'm very puzzled that a reset cures it until the ignition switch is cycled though.

One thing I might try is to do the reset again. Run the engine, switch off only to accs then back to run and see if you get the fails again. I'm thinking dodgy relay.
Paul

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 20:22 #18 

Mofo
I have it, on very good authority (I won't reveal my sources just yet) that I suggest fuse 8 passenger compartment fusebox, and fusible link 3E (50A) underbonnet fusebox should be investigated. It should also resolve the intermittent Central Locking problem too.

I will even supply FOC a 50A underbonnet fuse to help this diagnosis if it is required... :-)

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 22:57 #19 

kandyman
Mofo wrote:I have it, on very good authority (I won't reveal my sources just yet) that I suggest fuse 8 passenger compartment fusebox, and fusible link 3E (50A) underbonnet fusebox should be investigated. It should also resolve the intermittent Central Locking problem too.

I will even supply FOC a 50A underbonnet fuse to help this diagnosis if it is required... :-)

Morning Mofo,

Thanks for the advice.

Found a fuse number layout.

I see that F8 is a 5a immobiliser to the instrument pack.

What does the 3E 50a do ?

As the fault is intermittent do you think a remove and reseat and a good talking to would be the way to go ?

Thanks

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 07:40 #20