question for admin by suzublu

suzublu
Strange one this,on the owners site,i have enabled email notification to replies on my posted topics.So how come when i get a reply to a topic on this site,i get an email? I have not enabled this feature over here.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 09:47 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Sorry missed this as it was in the computer forum and not website feedback

suzublu wrote:Strange one this,on the owners site,i have enabled email notification to replies on my posted topics.So how come when i get a reply to a topic on this site,i get an email? I have not enabled this feature over here.

It looks like you have enabled the function as a default setting. I can switch it for you but better you make your own choice. See attached snapshot of "Your Settings/ Board preferences/ Edit posting defaults.

If this is set to no which is the board default setting, you can then enable the function on a per topic basis.

Screen shot 2010-06-14 at 12.23.01.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 11:11 #2 

suzublu
Thanks Mick,but why is it that i receive notification from this site when i have disabled it on here, but enabled it on the owners club site? I,ve disabled it over there now anyway,but i just wondered how it happened.Not that bothered really,just more of a query Cheers

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 11:40 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
suzublu wrote:Thanks Mick,but why is it that i receive notification from this site when i have disabled it on here, but enabled it on the owners club site? I,ve disabled it over there now anyway,but i just wondered how it happened.Not that bothered really,just more of a query Cheers

You had not disabled it , you had enabled it the snapshot is of my test users settings, yours showed as on.

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 11:53 #4 

suzublu
Yep,you,re right Mick,just sussed it.Many thanks & sorry for for troubling you.My ineptitude i,m afraid :gmc:

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 12:49 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
suzublu wrote:Yep,you,re right Mick,just sussed it.Many thanks & sorry for for troubling you.My ineptitude i,m afraid :gmc:

No problem, only to pleased to help. :)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 14:11 #6