Removed from office by Mick (Page 1 of 11)

Mick
(Site Admin)
Well, had to happen. Both John, Andy, Simon and I have been banned for life from the owners club. All I can say is that is "their loss". As you all know we have the best interests of the owners club, which is the sum total of it's members at heart and that has not changed by setting up this forum. From day one we have said this forum is as well as and not instead of. And were happy to continue running their business in tandem for them, without prejudice, as we have been for the last few years.

That's all.

Updated with all names now.

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 11:03 #1 

DeuxGazoles
Sorry to hear that but not all that surprised really ;)
I understand what a struggle it must have been over there lately for you all & I wish you all the best with this here "friendly" forum :rolling:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 11:13 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
DeuxGazoles wrote:Sorry to hear that but not all that surprised really ;)
I understand what a struggle it must have been over there lately for you all & I wish you all the best with this here "friendly" forum :rolling:

Thanks Col we were rather hamstrung but that did not mean the members should lose out, any club is the sum total of it's membership, the forum is the owners club and all of the owners club. My last act was to close a thread this morning on behalf of the opening poster as it was getting out of hand.

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 11:22 #3 

Cowley_MOA
Did Christopher (I presume it was Christopher give any reason) TBH I think a life time ban is very excessive. I hope you both have other ghost accounts which you can use. Maybe it's time to Inform the masses about the new forum?

I noticed Simon isn't banned. I wonder why?
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 11:45 #4 

JohnDotCom
I would personally like to thank all members over there for all their help, great times and friendship.
We have never set out to damage the other Club and have virtually run it for the management,
after nearly 30,000 Posts a shame it came to this, but with the continued inactivity of the management we had to do something that was best for both the members and ourselves.
You cannot work with one hand tied behind your back, and the word "Team" was always a joke with them (the admins)
Thanks Guys and look forward to continually serving you as both Friends and members over here.
There is no reason why the Clubs cannot run side by side and give more for their membership.

Regards

John
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 11:48 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Cowley_MOA wrote:Did Christopher (I presume it was Christopher give any reason) TBH I think a life time ban is very excessive. I hope you both have other ghost accounts which you can use. Maybe it's time to Inform the masses about the new forum?

I noticed Simon isn't banned. I wonder why?

Spongebob and Cohort3 are just too cryptic for understanding. :4:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 11:50 #6 

Mad-Monkey
Just noticed, never mind, on to better things, I'm sure the members here will support this forum, and if there is anything I can do to help, let me know! :)

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:02 #7 

Karl
I've just noticed that you two are banned and started a thread about it on the other site...Someone kindly explained what happened. So I thought I'd have a look here and grab my username first! :mrgreen:

I wish you the best of luck, I will be popping in and out of BOTH forums from now on.

Karl
New forum new sig:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:06 #8 

JohnDotCom
Reply on Forums from Christopher:

It seems that both seem to have decided to move on - we were not aware of their decision. Clearly their actions and the position they held within this club were at odds with each other and so they had to be let go.

We don't really know much about it other than the above.

We thank them for their service and the club moves on with the next chapter.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:14 #9 

JohnDotCom
Karl wrote:I've just noticed that you two are banned and started a thread about it on the other site...Someone kindly explained what happened. So I thought I'd have a look here and grab my username first! :mrgreen:

I wish you the best of luck, I will be popping in and out of BOTH forums from now on.

Karl

Hi Karl

I think you must have seen my good ladies Post before deletion.
Nice to see you here.
Enjoy both Clubs,
twice the fun and no extra cost.
John

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:15 #10 

Cowley_MOA
Have you seen Christophers BS filled post on the othersite. Apparently it's time to move on to the next chapter :D
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:19 #11 

JohnDotCom
...and in a blink of an eye all that was over......
John

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:24 #12 

Dave
Seen this sort of thing happen a number of times on forums, most notably the Ford Probe Owners Club which split a few years back, and in that case, the breakaway group became much bigger than the original!

I think the issue sometimes is when the line between a "Club" and a "Forum" gets blurred. FPOC got very bogged down in "constitutions" when all most people wanted to do was pop online and chat!

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:32 #13 

Mad-Monkey
Can we have a chat box?? I think there is the PHPBB add-on, it puts a small chatbox on the front page for idle chinwagging!

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:36 #14 

Andrew
Well it all seems to work then, start of another era!!!!

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:44 #15 

JohnDotCom
Monk wrote:Can we have a chat box?? I think there is the PHPBB add-on, it puts a small chatbox on the front page for idle chinwagging!

Early days at present as the main board has yet to be completed,
but all "suggestions" are really looked at and discussed by all of us.
John

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:49 #16 

JohnDotCom
Andrew wrote:Well it all seems to work then, start of another era!!!!

Welcome on board Andrew. :)

Another Era indeed.
John

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:50 #17 

windrush
Hi guys this is avery sad day for me and I will miss you both very much I wish you all the success in your new venture and will be poping in to keep an eye on you ([size=150]When is your first national) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [/size]

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:53 #18 

DeuxGazoles
My word they're jumping ship fast now :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 12:59 #19 

Grossebaby
I know nothing of anything that has been going on but I have had help from all of you so I'm joining here too.

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 13:02 #20