Very reasonable Aero style wipers by raistlin

raistlin
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230856255071?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Compared to the Bosch ones I had on VeeKay, these seemed too cheap to be true but having bought a set, I have to say I'm very pleased with them so far :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Feb 2013, 21:20 #1 

mel dawson
Hi Paul,
Ive been using them for about 3 years now (I replace them every year) & i find them excellent.

Thanks Mel.

Posted 27 Feb 2013, 08:23 #2 

ceedy
Does anybody else find the EBAY car compatibility menus pretty rubbish .. ;)

These wipers will fit a 75 but not a ZT according to fleabay :-D

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 27 Feb 2013, 10:31 #3 

takestock
Funny enough just bought a set for the wife's Leon from the same seller, arrived today, seem fine. :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 Feb 2013, 16:31 #4 

Roverite
ceedy wrote:Does anybody else find the EBAY car compatibility menus pretty rubbish .. ;)

These wipers will fit a 75 but not a ZT according to fleabay :-D

Chris

Yes, I found it useless too. I entered Rover 75 2003 (checked both choices) CDTi and was told they were not suitable for my car. The members that have got them; what did you ask for in the compatibility section?

Roverite.

Posted 07 Mar 2013, 10:53 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The ones linked in Pauls opening post are suitable for all 75s and ZTs. Originally our cars would have been fitted with 1 X 21" and 1 X 22" but 2 X 22" or 2 X 21" are OK. The fitment is standard hook type.

Posted 07 Mar 2013, 11:33 #6 

Mofo
Got a set of those myself, no complaints here.

Posted 07 Mar 2013, 11:49 #7 

Bermudan 75
I for one won't be fitting these, why? because the best way to see how good they are is to go out in the rain. I for one have had enough rain over the last 12 months..... :gmc:

Posted 07 Mar 2013, 17:19 #8 

Roverite
Mick wrote:The ones linked in Pauls opening post are suitable for all 75s and ZTs. Originally our cars would have been fitted with 1 X 21" and 1 X 22" but 2 X 22" or 2 X 21" are OK. The fitment is standard hook type.

I have ordered and fitted mine and they are superb. They are all rubber, ie. no metal frame; they appear to have a spring steel reinforcement moulded into the blade, which results in a fairly pronounced curve, but then straightens to the shape of the screen, once the wiper arm is pushing it back onto the glass. They work better than the standard blade.

The cost was £11.66p for two sets, ie., four blades (cheaper than rubber re-fills for the old style), and including carriage. Since seeing them on here, I have noticed that most newish cars have them as standard.

Roverite.

Posted 12 Apr 2013, 14:55 #9 

woolleysox
just ordered two sets see how they go
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 14 Apr 2013, 22:16 #10 

raistlin
woolleysox wrote:see how they go

They go left... They go right... They go left... They go right... Sorry, I'll get me coat ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Apr 2013, 05:50 #11 

Mofo
raistlin wrote:

They go left... They go right... They go left... They go right... Sorry, I'll get me coat ;)

:clap:

Posted 15 Apr 2013, 08:57 #12 

woolleysox
No thats left hand drive cars mine go right left right left :cheers: :unionflag:

raistlin wrote:

Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 17 Apr 2013, 18:41 #13 

mi2540
Well i spent a fortune and bought some aero 22s for my 75 (£8 inc p&p) and habe to say they are impressive no smearing or lift off I like them so much Im buying a couple more sets at that price they are absolute bargain

Mike

Posted 20 Apr 2013, 16:26 #14 

aturi83
Are there any that are suitable for the rear wiper on a tourer? Had an aero style on on a vw polo rear wiper and it made the back look somehow tidier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Posted 04 May 2013, 09:30 #15 

Jürgen
aturi83 wrote:Are there any that are suitable for the rear wiper on a tourer?

The BOSCH H351 has an integrated cover.

Posted 04 May 2013, 20:14 #16