using sky in other rooms through HD box by Trebor

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Trebor
Before I upgraded to sky hd recently I had the signal from my non hd box carried to 2 other tvs in the house and could control them all using the remote via a magic eye
The new hd box doesn't have an rf out socket to do the same thing, instead an IO adapter is needed to plug into the back of the sky hd box but this will only work 1 magic eye as the output is not strong enough to support more
There is lots to read about this on the net but basically if I want to control more than 1 tv via magic eye I need an amp or similar which is not supported by sky to achieve the same as I had before the problem is I can't find exactly what it is I need
has anyone else had the same issue who can advise please or are there any tv engineers looking in ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Nov 2014, 19:05 #1 

Devilish
Trebor wrote:The new hd box doesn't have an rf out socket to do the same thing, instead an IO adapter is needed to plug into the back of the sky hd box but this will only work 1 magic eye as the output is not strong enough to support more

That's bad luck PMSL
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 28 Nov 2014, 07:58 #2 

Devilish
May be the distance, try putting all the TV's in the same room.
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 28 Nov 2014, 08:09 #3 

Trebor
Steve, save me some of whatever you are on for next time we meet up please
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 28 Nov 2014, 20:57 #4