Used parts on Ebay, Recommended by PaulT by PaulT

PaulT
Today I ventured to near Uttoxeter to look at a bonnet that someone was selling who breaks 75s / ZTs. What a very nice chap. I decided that it was best to fit it and bring the old one home on the roof bars - and he even helped me fit it.

He told me that cars are being written off for minor matters - one was a Tourer with a broken tailgate glass - no question of fitting a used on, just write it off.

This morning he had been to York to collect a car and this afternoon to Crewe for another.

He sells on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/staffs-used-c ... 7675.l2562

A very happy customer
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 15 Dec 2014, 20:22 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Probably best in the main forum, it'll get max coverage there. I'll leave a shadow post here as well.

Posted 15 Dec 2014, 20:37 #2 

Duncan
I've seen his adverts on ebay, and been tempted many times. He's almost on my way home from work too! Trouble is I can see my wallet emptying and my garage filling, very fast!

Posted 15 Dec 2014, 21:09 #3 

Trebor
I have just bought a Mk2 boot plinth from him and waiting for delivery, it has the number plate light PCB (Printed Circuit Board) with it and all fastenings are in place, all for £18 delivered which is a fantastic price.

Mine needs soldering but the nuts are spinning round on the bolts and I am likely to damage it taking it off the car so wanted another in hand just in case
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Dec 2014, 21:22 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
:thumbsup: Nice chap was introduced to him by Tom (Organiser) about a year ago good items at good prices as my thumbs up
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 15 Dec 2014, 23:38 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Trebor wrote:I have just bought a Mk2 boot plinth from him and waiting for delivery, it has the number plate light PCB with it and all fastenings are in place, all for £18 delivered which is a fantastic price.

Mine needs soldering but the nuts are spinning round on the bolts and I am likely to damage it taking it off the car so wanted another in hand just in case

Hi Rob.
Are they the outer ones if so they are not as such and I am almost sure the outer fixings are plastic resin, pics below from Stefs 2005 MG ZT

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 15 Dec 2014, 23:54 #6 

Trebor
no Steve its the 2 inner ones i have the problem with but thanks
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 16 Dec 2014, 15:44 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
Trebor wrote:no Steve its the 2 inner ones i have the problem with but thanks

Hi Rob.
The ones on mine and Stefs car where tight too and I thought at first that they would spin but they moved in the end, sprayed a bit of plus gas onto them

checked the lights worked before re-fitting thanks Mr D
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Dec 2014, 17:43 #8 

Suffolk Man
had the innner fixings spin on one i removed from a car.trouble was the car in question was on top of another and i was sitting in the boot.grabbed the end of the bolts with pliers managed to get the nuts to turn .when they are past the rusty section which tends to be at the base they came off ok.close examination revealed the plastic had spilt allowing the fixings to spin.fixings stuck back with two part expoxy resin bolts barmed in copper grease.still ok after six months and stood up to be removed to replace the pcb which failed two weeks ago

Posted 20 Dec 2014, 21:37 #9