Today's tale by raistlin

raistlin
Having risen early in Court this morning, I sat in at the back of another Court to observe whilst waiting for lunch.

A District Judge was conducting the Court.

A man of 32 was in the secure dock charged with the kidnap of an eight year old girl.

Kidnapping is an "indictable only" offence and as such is immediately sent to the Crown Court once the Magistrates' Court determines that there is a case to answer.

The prosecution outlined the case and said that the defendant had been seen bundling the little girl into the back of his van and driving off in broad daylight in a residential street in Wolverhampton. Mercifully, another van driver, who had observed the incident was able to block the route of the defendant's van and the little girl's ordeal was cut short, being returned to her mother within minutes, albeit, I've no doubt, scared out of her wits and quite possibly requiring professional help to recover from the horrific mental trauma.

It appears that the Police arrived on the scene very quickly and the defendant was arrested.

His brief asked for a remand on bail and the CPS opposed the application, quoting from the record of taped interview with the defendant in which he freely admitted the charge, stating that "it is about time honest white people stood up to the Muslims and gave them a taste of their own medicine"

Further comments from the interview, vile in nature and inappropriate to quote here, made it abundantly clear that the little girl was to be used for sexual gratification by a group of like minded individuals.

The interviewing officer pointed out that the little girl was, in fact, Sikh, to which the defendant replied "all the same innit".

The defence case for bail was that the defendant was a family man with two children, one aged six and the other seven, who would miss their Daddy if he was remanded in custody for a lengthy period prior to the plea and case management hearing in Crown Court.

The defendant, with a history of racially aggravated offences, was remanded in custody.

Is it just me, or is it particularly sick-making that, in this case, the "family man with children" argument was used in the bail application?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Aug 2013, 19:49 #1 

geesmith
The 21st century is not off to a very promising start. He sounds like the kind of person that would have been welcomed at Jasenovac. This makes me wonder if he's even fit to be around his own children.

Posted 09 Aug 2013, 22:56 #2 

calibrax
Stunned. No matter what his grievance, no matter how justified, targetting an innocent child is beyond the pale. We can hope he gets locked up for a very, very long time. Unfortunately, experience tells us that is pretty unlikely these days.
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 10 Aug 2013, 10:43 #3 

Gate Keeper
This is just the tip of the iceberg. The one caught is part of a ring of sex offenders. Lets hope the police are successful in tracking all of them down, including the ring leaders.

Posted 15 Aug 2013, 14:52 #4