Today's request for help by raistlin

raistlin
Can anybody give me a clue please?

I'm fitting plasterboard sheets on a wall over vertical battens. The plasterboard ceiling is not perfectly flat. How do I transfer the curvature of the ceiling to the wall plasterboard so I can trim it to fit please?

Thanks for any help / ideas :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Jun 2013, 18:38 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
A pair of compasses set to an appropriate measurement then scribe the deviation onto the board. Cut with saw or knife.

Posted 20 Jun 2013, 19:49 #2 

raistlin
The board is only half an inch shorter than the wall to ensure no contact with the floor when installed. Would your idea work with such a limited distance Mick?
Paul

Posted 20 Jun 2013, 19:59 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
It would be usual to cover the floor to wall space with a skirting board, which can be left just short of the ground.

BTW it's not an idea, it is standard practice, including the use of a pair of compasses. Have a look here for further info.
http://www.familyhandyman.com/tools/how ... t/view-all

Posted 20 Jun 2013, 20:07 #4 

raistlin
Thanks Mick
Paul

Posted 20 Jun 2013, 20:37 #5 

Trebor
You can buy scribing tools Paul but only does the same job as the compass, and looking at this one you could probably knock one up yourself

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trend-MS-PRO- ... 0710499216
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 21 Jun 2013, 07:16 #6 

raistlin
Thanks Rob, seeing that reminded me that I actually have an "Easyscribe" brand new and unopened. It was a gift which I promptly forgot about. I used it on the plasterboards and it did an admirable job :D
Paul

Posted 21 Jun 2013, 20:00 #7