They're at it again. by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
I wonder what foreigners think of the efficiency, or otherwise, of the UK.

I bought an item from the USA. It went from on the shelf at the shop to airborne en route to the UK within 9 hours via priority international mail.

Here's where it all goes horribly wrong. On the assumption that an Atlantic crossing takes little more than eight hours, this means my item has been in the UK now for 9 days. I haven't heard a thing about it, the tracking number is not recognised on the Royal Snail website. Back to the Dark Ages say I :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 19:06 #1 

Lates
(Trader)
I agree to that Paul. I ordered v8 head gaskets which went across the US in a few days then onto a plane to Luton. They sat there 3 weeks before I got the "you owe us money letter" - muppets !!!

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 21:37 #2 

Jürgen
Lates wrote:They sat there 3 weeks before I got the "you owe us money letter" - muppets !!!

Soon they will charge interest, too.

Posted 21 Mar 2013, 21:49 #3 

RV75V8
I'm happy to say that I don't have those experiences when I order goods FROM the UK. If I use Rimmers or similar I can usually expect delivery to my address in rural New Zealand within a week. That's pretty good. Any major hold up's have always been due to NZ Customs.
Beautiful car, Beautiful country, Beautiful Roads ....Paradise!

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 02:16 #4 

dattrike
Well,(In their defence) I posted a boot plinth to Australia see here:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=140515
checked all the online 'cheap' parcel services, best price was £28. Took it to local Post Office, £10.82 please sir,
6 to 8 days delivery.
I pointed the gentleman concerned to the worm gear thread and he obliging ordered several sets in lieu of covering my costs, my way of donating to a deserving cause.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... tcount=138
Mind you, I haven't heard back yet, posted last Saturday so may not have arrived yet.

Posted 22 Mar 2013, 09:13 #5 

Gate Keeper
raistlin wrote:I wonder what foreigners think of the efficiency, or otherwise, of the UK.

I bought an item from the USA. It went from on the shelf at the shop to airborne en route to the UK within 9 hours via priority international mail.

Here's where it all goes horribly wrong. On the assumption that an Atlantic crossing takes little more than eight hours, this means my item has been in the UK now for 9 days. I haven't heard a thing about it, the tracking number is not recognised on the Royal Snail website. Back to the Dark Ages say I :(

Last month I sent an item from the centre of Nairobi to Margate by DHL. From the time of sending to the time of delivery it took 2 and half days. It can work this end, but not if one has to reply on the Royal Mail.

Posted 25 Mar 2013, 08:02 #6