The Sun £9.50 holidays by raistlin

raistlin
As subject chaps.

Does anybody have any experience of these please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 09 Jan 2013, 19:31 #1 

dattrike
raistlin wrote:As subject chaps.

Does anybody have any experience of these please?

Certainly do, we always use this offer, we try to book sites with lodges or bungalows (not caravans)
every year we go to Warmwell (close to Bovington Tank museum, monkey world, not far from Dorchester).
We also go to the IOW at Gurnards Pines, have been there 3 times and always had a brick built bungalow.
We take our own bedding, usually costs about £80 - £100 for Monday to Friday depending on dates (you have to pay for 4 places miniumum), for IOW add on cost of ferry (£40 ish return).
We use them as a chill out type holiday, spend most of our time reading and relaxing with trips out if we feel like it.

HTH
Dave T

Posted 09 Jan 2013, 20:56 #2 

Last edited by dattrike on 10 Jan 2013, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

ceedy
last Year we got our forms in really early, with lots of options , waited an Age before being told we didn't get anything. but strangely were then offered other venues, Booked a larger caravan, and a further 200 miles round trip to get there to find that this size of van wasn't at this site, so ended up using the Sofa as a bed .
Ended up costing over £350 for 6 of us for 7 days in a manky Van in NewQuay, .
So many things wrong ...
Very naff time was had by all and my 2 star tripadvisor review is well looked at ??.. Never again.
Got over it now though :-D :-D
Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 09 Jan 2013, 21:35 #3 

MN190
Yes wasn't expecting much and used it as a chance to visit nearby family.
We enjoyed it but I know others have thought it was poor and good.
So I think it depends on the luck of the draw and what you want or expect

Posted 09 Jan 2013, 23:49 #4 

carlpenn
We used them on a few occasions. Had fun - I agree luck of the Draw to what you get.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 10 Jan 2013, 08:08 #5 

Trebor
I agree with luck of the draw Paul, think of it as almost "allocation on arrival", not done one myself but my son has twice with his young family. On the first occasion all was fine, but on the second he turned back and came home on the day of arrival once he saw the accommodation !

In addition you may have to pay for passes to use on site facilities which is not included in the £9.50 and is how the parks make a bit back
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Jan 2013, 11:37 #6 

raistlin
Curate's egg then chaps. Thanks for the views :)
Paul

Posted 10 Jan 2013, 13:29 #7 

raistlin
Looks like we're going to find out later this year :)

I got first choice of date and venue :)
Paul

Posted 12 Jan 2013, 18:04 #8