The problem with... by raistlin

raistlin
... recording the weather with a weather station, is that the results can be depressing.

For example, here it is, August Bank Holiday, and we have had more rain locally in the last 24 hours than the whole of the preceding six weeks, including a few torrential downpours a week or two ago.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 31 Aug 2015, 09:49 #1 

PaulT
and in other parts of the world they would be jumping up and down with joy if it was raining.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 31 Aug 2015, 10:29 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Love the rain, as long as it's stays outside. ;)

Posted 31 Aug 2015, 11:04 #3 

Duncan
I've been thinking of getting something like that, but don't want to leave the PC to upload the live data. Is yours one that connects direct by WiFi?

Posted 31 Aug 2015, 11:10 #4 

raistlin
Mine is a Davis Vantage Vue Mk2 Duncan. The console is linked to the external sensors by RF and then connects to the PC via USB. As soon as the PC is switched on it downloads the data from the console memory so don't need to leave the PC running for continuity.

If you want to see it in action by all means pop over mate :)

BTW - best PC based weather software for this device by a country mile is Cumulus. Also free :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Sep 2015, 16:30 #5 

Duncan
Thanks, Paul. I liked the look of the Davis ones, but I'd like to be able to look at whats going on while I'm away for example. In the summer rain can be so localised I'd like to get an idea how much it has rained for example. No problem this year of course.

Posted 02 Sep 2015, 17:26 #6