The forum "look" by Bartonrover

Bartonrover
As someone else has already mentioned it, I will too! Am having a little difficulty with the "look" of the forum on screen. I appreciate it's still early days and changes will come gradually in and in good time but biggest problem for my old eyes is distinguishing between individual posts - the colour banding of each post doesn't work as well as a clear bold dividing line, for me. (Yes, we old 'uns do like to have something to complain about!).

That said, changing the font size on my browser screen by clicking on the pale grey arrows just below the "Search" button in the top right had corner has helped a lot. Thank you GG. (Now I just need to learn how to use smilies - dragging and dropping isn't working for me either!).

Keep up the good work chaps - tall oaks and all that.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 08:09 #1 

Beejay
Thank you Robert, its far better, I can read now.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 08:19 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hi Barry :)
Just a quick word for Robert

Smilies just, place your cursor where you want it inserted. :nurse:

Then click once on the required smilie it will look something like this : Tongue: but without the space :Tongue:

Hello Barry, nice to see you here, and most welcome. This is the default style that comes with the board. We have our own design very nearly ready, which we hope will be easier on the eye and also to navigate.

Enjoy the experience, see you at a local meet very soon. :)

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 08:29 #3 

Mad-Monkey
I find the colours a little hard on the eyes for distinguishing between posts, quotes, info etc... Look forward to the new design!

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 08:35 #4 

Bartonrover
Well trying for a smiley :cheers:

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 08:46 #5 

JohnDotCom
Monk wrote:I find the colours a little hard on the eyes for distinguishing between posts, quotes, info etc... Look forward to the new design!

In the Interim try changing layout to Subsilver2.

Go to your User Control panel
Then under options go to Board Preferences
then when the new [age opens you will see a list of options,
go down to My Board style and select the Subsilver2 option, then click on Submit
and see if that option is any better for you.
If you prefer the previous one you had just do the same again selecting the ProSilver option.

Hope that helps.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 09:43 #6 

PaulT
JohnDotCom wrote:
Monk wrote:I find the colours a little hard on the eyes for distinguishing between posts, quotes, info etc... Look forward to the new design!

go down to My Board style and select the Subsilver2 option, then click on Submit
If you prefer the previous one you had just do the same again selecting the ProSilver option.

Hope that helps.

The elite may have this option but, certainly, this mere mortal does not have the option
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 11:32 #7 

Mad-Monkey
PaulT wrote:
JohnDotCom wrote:

Hope that helps.

The elite may have this option but, certainly, this mere mortal does not have the option

I have it but dont like it :gmc: No pleasing me sometimes :panic:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 11:50 #8 

SpongeBob
For the time being everyone should have the option to change styles as per Johns instructions. When we launch with our new style everyone will default to using it as it will be the only option. Hope that helps. :)

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 14:11 #9 

zojosc
The thing I would most like to see is a list of the latest posts as it is easier to keep up with the latest posts as they come in rather than keep going to individual topics. Perhaps this is already here and I'm missing it, if so I apologise. :?
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 14:50 #10 

Bartonrover
JohnDotCom wrote:

[b]In the Interim try changing layout to Subsilver2.
[/b

Hope that helps.

That style is quite a bit clearer for me John - but unless I am missing something it is not possible to change the pager display font size in Subsilver? (So I've changed back again!).

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 15:07 #11 

Jürgen
zojosc wrote:The thing I would most like to see is a list of the latest posts as it is easier to keep up with the latest posts as they come in rather than keep going to individual topics. Perhaps this is already here and I'm missing it, if so I apologise. :?

Andy, if you're using the subsilver2 style, look at the top of the page. At the right hand side you'll see View unread posts. Hope that helps.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 15:08 #12 

Jürgen
Bartonrover wrote:That style is quite a bit clearer for me John - but unless I am missing something it is not possible to change the pager display font size in Subsilver? (So I've changed back again!).

Robert, you can let your browser do the work. Try Ctrl and + or - to change the size of the content. That should work at least with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox on all websites.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 15:12 #13 

Bartonrover
Jürgen wrote:
Bartonrover wrote:That style is quite a bit clearer for me John - but unless I am missing something it is not possible to change the pager display font size in Subsilver? (So I've changed back again!).

Robert, you can let your browser do the work. Try Ctrl and + or - to change the size of the content. That should work at least with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox on all websites.

Good to see you youngsters are as clever as us oldies! Thanks Jürgen - (it really works doesn't it?!!)

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 16:24 #14 

tammyboy
I changed to subsilver2 last night and far prefer it to original layout probably just because its more familliar,for me anyway !

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 16:31 #15 

zojosc
Jürgen wrote:
zojosc wrote:The thing I would most like to see is a list of the latest posts as it is easier to keep up with the latest posts as they come in rather than keep going to individual topics. Perhaps this is already here and I'm missing it, if so I apologise. :?

Andy, if you're using the subsilver2 style, look at the top of the page. At the right hand side you'll see View unread posts. Hope that helps.

Thanks Jürgen, this seems much better for me.

Regards
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 17:13 #16