Testing a radiator fan off the car by al_dente

al_dente
Hello folks

I hope you're all keeping well!

I've sourced a CDT radiator fan off Ebay - a two wire silver resistor type. I've ordered a gold resistor from Jules, but before I fit to the car I'd like to test it by connecting it to a battery. Can anyone tell me what wires I need to connect to do this?

Also, I'm going to need to rewire my current control box because I have the 4 wire type fan currently. I think Arctic has a guide on this somewhere if I remember correctly - I'll have a dig for that.

Cheers

Al

Posted 05 Dec 2012, 14:22 #1 

takestock
You cannot test a diesel fan off the car through the relay box on a diesel car :(

to test the fan motor only it is a simple red to pos on the bat and black with no resistor to neg will give full speed . disc the black and connect the black with the resistor in line to the battery neg to achieve slow speed. I have done a wiring diagram some where i will have a look ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 05 Dec 2012, 20:25 #2 

takestock
Here you go
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 05 Dec 2012, 20:31 #3 

al_dente
Thanks chief

Posted 05 Dec 2012, 22:00 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Al.
Any update on the fan did you manage to re-wire the control box and do you have a working fan now spoke to you about this at the last to meets if you remember i said i had sorted a control box out for you and the two wire two speed fan i had for you was ready to go, but never mind as long as you have a working one now :thumbsup:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 14 Dec 2012, 12:17 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Bit late in the day for you now i think but for others to know you can always make up or if at a meet use the extension i made this can be fitted to the main loom through the wheel arch inspection cover Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 31 Dec 2012, 18:22 #6