Talk to me about V8 & LPG by ceedy

• Related topics: (no related topics)

ceedy
Still faffing on about V8's but as I having sold my lil Fiat X19 after nearly 20yers ownership , I now have a gap in My motoring world and it looks very v8 shaped .
and fitting LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) would seem a good way to go .
right orf home now !! :-D :-D

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 25 Oct 2011, 15:51 #1 

Zeb
Depends how many miles you do as to if it is a worthwhile mod.....You will lose a big chunk of boot space but I believe they are perfectly good engines to LPG. Bernard did his and there are others....me? I would put the money towards a supercharger and console myself that whilst it only does 20 mpg it chucks out 420+ bhp.. :D

Posted 25 Oct 2011, 16:05 #2 

Bernard
I would not have even considered having a V8 if I could not convert it to LPG.
It makes no difference whatever to the performance but because of it being a Ford ECU (Engine Control Unit) then it cannot self-correct the fuel trims which means that I have to adjust it occasionally to prevent the fault lamp illuminating. No big deal really. Other than that, it is very happy running LPG.
I had already proved to myself that I could live with a reduced boot space, so no problem to me.
Should I ever win the Jackpot and add the supercharger, I know that I can configure it to cope, I have successfully converted S/C vehicles such as the latest Range Rover, which I could be persuaded to swap for!
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Oct 2011, 20:39 #3 

ceedy
I just knew I could entice Bernard in !! :-D :clap: cos he's the man!!

I Reckon considering the amount of Cr@p I tend to carry about for no reason reduced boot
wouldn't be much of a change.. ;)

But I don't do that many miles nowadays really probably 100-120 weekly or so.. so it might take a long while to get back the outlay ??.. As for Supercharging hmmm luvlery .. last time I had one of them was 1968-69 .. on my Norton Drag bike .. aaaaahh !!..

Been looking at Tony Bubbles V8 as it not too far away .. and just working out the finances of getting some repainting done.. eek its Typhoon Flip !!

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 25 Oct 2011, 20:49 #4 

Bernard
If you are at all handy with the spanners/soldering iron then it's a job that you can do yourself with a bit of guidance. Brings the payback time down a bit. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Oct 2011, 21:05 #5 

ceedy
Now that I can do... also lots of time on my hands since the Fiat fiddlings gone ..

As long as a Full tool kit ,a welder & a lathe is enuf ? ;) ;)

Orf to play counterstrike online now !..

Posted 25 Oct 2011, 21:19 #6 

ceedy
3 year old thread .. time resurrect it ..

Tis bin a while .... but just bought another trophy Blue ZED..... but its seems to have a strange rumbling sound under the bonnet ..

can you suggest what it might be ??? ,,

Chris. :em:

Posted 21 Dec 2014, 14:43 #7 

Duncan
I'd start by checking your plenums. If it's not that disconnect your battery for half an hour.

Posted 21 Dec 2014, 14:50 #8 

Trebor
It's not the rumble of the V8 engine is it , it would certainly be strange to me as I'm a diesel owner !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 21 Dec 2014, 16:27 #9 

ceedy
Trebor wrote:It's not the rumble of the V8 engine is it , it would certainly be strange to me as I'm a diesel owner !

reckon it could be that gurt engine rammed it there .. :-D

C.

Posted 21 Dec 2014, 18:31 #10 

norseman
I'm afraid my first post on the site is going to be a negative one. I admit to knowing nothing about Ford V8's but I have experience with Rover V's & LPG & as a result would never touch the 'gas again. At the risk of sounding a snob I'd say if you can't afford to run the car on petrol ...

Posted 21 Nov 2017, 14:15 #11 

ceedy
Crikey Thread Resurrection. .. LOL.. and so useful too !! :roll:

Posted 22 Nov 2017, 14:03 #12