Sunroof drains by persuer

persuer
Finally got enough dry weather to tackle my blocked sunroof drains. Thanks Steve (Arctic) for your fantastic how to do, The front passenger side and boot drains where straight forward but drivers side (what a pig of a job) took longer than the other three put together, finally after a few scratches and very sore hands and arm because I managed to get my hand trapped between the accelerator peddle and a solid piece if plastic ( I don't know how I did it either :em:). My wife was very amused though when she found me arched over the door sill on my back with a very red face and my arm stuck up the back of the dash. :shock:

After I cleaned them I poured some water down the sunroof drains and saw a satisfying run of water from behind both plastic inner arches. Now I need to fugure out how to dry the carpet.

Posted 29 Oct 2013, 14:01 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Good job Richard, having read through Steves "Know How" doc about this, I'm really glad I don't have a sunroof :gmc:
The carpet? Just a fair amount of time and possibly a blow heater of some description.

Posted 29 Oct 2013, 14:11 #2 

Trebor
Depending how much water is on the back of the carpet, soak up what you can and put old towels under and change them every couple of days , which is an easier option than taking the carpet out, a heater may be ok towards the end but will not get rid of water in the first place
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 29 Oct 2013, 19:08 #3 

persuer
Thanks Rob and Mick I will try both of your ideas.

Posted 30 Oct 2013, 12:15 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Richard.
Excellent work glad you took on board my findings when i fitted your handbrake mod, other wise with this weather now you would be in a indoor paddling pool :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 02 Nov 2013, 02:51 #5 

persuer
Thanks Steve you input was fantastic at the last four ashes as usual. :hail: :hail:

Posted 02 Nov 2013, 20:24 #6