Spooky by raistlin (Page 2 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Dave
Jürgen wrote:
Dave wrote:[...] My car was on the road and the water was above the wheel rims.....

But now it's all gone...

Let's hope your car is still there ... ;)

Yup, just fetched it in! Two observations:-

1) The usual leak into the boot, which I expected to be a right mess, was almost dry! :)
2) The Saharan sand, which had covered both our cars overnight, had not washed off! :(

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 15:47 #21 

Dave
Mick wrote:I do like a good thunder storm.

Me too! Must say that this was the best one I have ever experienced in the UK - almost as good as the ones we used to get when we lived in Germany!

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 15:48 #22 

Dave
Zeb wrote:You sent your storm over here! Hit Sleaford about 30 minutes ago so we will get it soon......

Out of interest, how did you know about Sleaford? Was it on the news?

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 15:49 #23 

Jürgen
Dave wrote:

Me too! Must say that this was the best one I have ever experienced in the UK - almost as good as the ones we used to get when we lived in Germany!

Me too, too. ;)
The weather service have promised thunderstorms and heavy rain for tonight. Let's see whether they'll keep their promise.

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 16:12 #24 

Zeb
I have just spent the past 45 minutes keeping all the surface drains clear around the house...even had to lift the drain covers to keep the water from coming in the back door....not good.....that was the worst rainstorm I have ever seen..

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 16:17 #25 

Dave
Zeb wrote:I have just spent the past 45 minutes keeping all the surface drains clear around the house...even had to lift the drain covers to keep the water from coming in the back door....not good.....that was the worst rainstorm I have ever seen..

Ditto! Think how much worse it would have been if we hadn't had a load of it before you did! :D

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 16:20 #26 

raistlin
Dave wrote: Think how much worse it would have been if we hadn't had a load of it before you did! :D

Good point Dave - you owe us Carl :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 16:39 #27 

carlpenn
Was at Work this morning when we had our first hit, I was standing outside in 3 Inches of Water, the Storm Drain was flooded and the Pits below the Entry / Exit Barriers had completely filled and where both overflowing. It was so dark, like so many places, all the Lighting came on. Very Eery.......
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 16:54 #28 

Duncan
Really feel I missed out. It looks like it must have rained here at home, but just lovely sun now.

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 18:01 #29 

MrDoodles

So does Mrs D, but whilst we've heard some rumbles, here on the Riviera of Lincolnshire, no rain and now a lovely evening!

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 18:47 #30 

PaulT
Well, it was so thick on the Lincolnshire coast, both clouds and rain that it obliterated the Sat signal for quite a while.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 19:54 #31 

Zeb
Beautiful again now.....all the water has gone already...

Dave I got a text from the OH....her car was in a flooded school car park!

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 20:05 #32 

Dave
Zeb wrote:Beautiful again now.....all the water has gone already...

Dave I got a text from the OH....her car was in a flooded school car park!

Seems there was a lot of flooding round here! Gill saw houses with sandbags around them as she drove back from work, and the sirens were going all afternoon (presumably Fire Brigade pumping water out?)

I did do some little videos on my phone of the thunderstorm (nothing in the vids but to get the sound!) and also to show the road semi flooded, but they are a bit poor to post up!

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 22:15 #33