Sorry for yet another ICE Question... by JakeWilson

User avatar
Dad's off to go and strip a car in Liverpool tomorrow for some parts I have bought (Ruddy stuck in Swansea otherwise I'd be there too!)

One thing I've bought is the complete HK. What I was wondering is for me to retrofit it properly into the 190 and get it in with hi-line (car removed from has hi-line) what does he need to make sure he removes from the donor to make it all work?

Cheers in advance,


Posted 14 May 2011, 12:03 #1 

User avatar
The cabling etc for bass speakers and mounting bracket for amp.
The rest is really self explanatory, just get everything including the HK tweeter speakers.

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 May 2011, 14:07 #2 

User avatar
John is right, the cabling is important. This is a loom that runs from the back where the amplifier is (right hand side, rear quarter) all the way to the front, connecting behind the radio. It's a plug in, but may require centre console and drivers seat out to get it from under the carpet.

Posted 15 May 2011, 08:55 #3 

User avatar
Thanks both for advice, never taken HK out of a car before so I'd no idea how it's wired in. The guy we were meeting with the parts was unable to do this weekend - we've got to reschedule.

Thankfully we are having the seats too, and have already had the dash off of him so the car's in bits as it is!



Posted 15 May 2011, 15:27 #4