Smartnav by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Does anybody have any pictures / info about the OEM Smartnav fit please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 May 2014, 18:07 #1 

Trebor
Woolleysox has it Paul but is away for a few days at the mo
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 17 May 2014, 19:21 #2 

woolleysox
Hi guys

I had the smart nav in my previous ZTT works a treat single button operator connected by dedicated phone line, can locate you if breakdown will call AA-RAC you can have speed cameras, and tracking if you want it. The system also reports traffic problems on route and will offer to take you round it. However it is a subscription service I have nav and speed cameras as I already have a tracker installed in my car. You can also receive phone calls on the inbuilt SIM card but cannot ring out. I had traffic master installed in my present car soon after I purchased it. Worth noting you can now pay monthly or purchase credits. The units are still available brand new fitting included also available on eBay secondhand.
You are welcome to see how mine works the next time we meet up.

Rob
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 17 May 2014, 20:15 #3 

JohnDotCom
I have this fitted to my car, but I no longer subscribe to the service which I got for free from new for many years.
I find the Traffic Live service now offered by TomTom is cheaper and better, for me at least.
Speed warnings and mobile vans as are moved, traffic info updates keeping fastest routes to where you are going, where hold ups are building, alternate routes and much more, also available on your iPhone to.
The original system is fitted into interior light display with the mics fitted where the holes are if you have this unit without fitment.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 May 2014, 15:50 #4 

raistlin
So how does it give directions please?
Paul

Posted 18 May 2014, 15:59 #5 

JohnDotCom
The original system had vocal directions through speaker or your own speaker system and route indications on the Traffic Master screen, later updated to use the Hi line Screen or their own units/screens fitted as a extra.
Not so many options now but their site use to have details of replacement units.
Not sure if you can after fit original still though Paul and get full service.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 May 2014, 16:20 #6 

raistlin
Thanks John
Paul

Posted 18 May 2014, 16:57 #7 

Tootall
Not used mine since the free contract ran out - The speaker is located in the panel behind the bonnet pull.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 18 May 2014, 18:20 #8