sill trims and exhausts by rhylbloke

rhylbloke
Hi,
can anyone tell me where's the best place to get inner sill trims (?) ( the plastic bits of trim which hide the edge of the carpet )
It's the rear passenger side I need really, as there wasn't one on the car when I bought it, but the front two are looking a bit battered as well, after being kicked off numerous times ( I wish people would lift their feet up when they get out of the car - including me ) and a couple of the inset clips have broken - I could never seem to get the trims to slide onto them properly after they had been knocked off.
Also, the last MOT had an advisory note about the exhaust, saying that part of the back box had "deteriorated" - I phoned for a price on a new box with the best-priced tyres & exhaust place round here ( Lobitos I reckon, for anyone local ) and was quoted £79 fitted, which i didn't think was too bad, but the bloke I spoke to also said that they have 2 skins and if the outer one starts to corrode it can look a bit of a mess - is there a way of stopping it corroding any further if it is just the outer skin, or is it best just to replace it ?
As I've decided to hang onto my car for a while and lavish a bit of TLC on it, and I will be going semi-retired in three weeks and have a lot more time on my hands, I'll probably ( no, more like certainly ) be asking a lot more daft questions like this.
Thanks
Les :?

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 18:50 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The double skin always suffers from the outer corroding. It could be years before the inner rusts through. Don't be in any kind of rush to replace it. I don't think there is any way of preventing corrosion to exhaust boxes.
I think you will have to trawl breakers to get the plastic plates.
JohnDotCom will be able to check on the EPC to see if they are still available new. The clips are still available and are of a type that don't break off if the plate is kicked as with the originals.
EKM100270 door trim, retaining clip (AKA Kickplate retaining clips) http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-EKM100270

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 19:20 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The plastic covers are still available too. Ignore my comment above.
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001825

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 19:30 #3 

JohnDotCom
That saved me a Job.Image
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 19:34 #4 

rhylbloke
Thanks guys.
Les

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 22:05 #5