Replacing under bonnett bolts for stainless by Trebor

Trebor
Changing your under bonnett nuts and bolts for stainless looks so much better and is very cheap to do, if using washers make sure they are stainless too.
Lots of owners have already done this but may not have tackled the strut top mountings which I have replaced and topped off with tyre valve caps in chrome but there are thousands of tyre valve designs to choose from, colour coded, with logos and manufacturers names if you want them. Mine were not a very tight fit so used a bit of tape around the bolt before applying the tyre valve cap

Some pictures below:

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 May 2014, 09:24 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Very smart Rob. Any chance of a list of sizes and numbers required?

Posted 27 May 2014, 11:04 #2 

Trebor
Bought all mine from 1 seller on E bay link below, mainly M5 and M6 bolts needed plus M8 nuts for the strut top mounts, plus corresponding penny stainless washers, they are really good value so I always order a few extra and maybe an extra size or 2 to throw in the tool box

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110911380225? ... 1423.l2649
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 May 2014, 12:25 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks for the link. :)

Posted 27 May 2014, 13:33 #4 

Trebor
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 27 May 2014, 15:26 #5