Rear Windscreen rubber by dovid40

dovid40
The rear windscreen rubber on My MG ZT needs to be replced as it has deteriated, has anyone any idea where I can source one

Posted 27 Jan 2012, 22:53 #1 

Jürgen
No shop (and petrol station, DIY market ...) around here had this wiper in stock. Eventually I bought it from a reputable ebay seller. Do a search for Bosch H351 and you should find what you're looking for.

BTW there is BOSCH printed in big white letters on the replacement wiper. This word will be visible upside down on our cars. But you can replace just the rubber piece.

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 12:44 #2 

Bermudan 75
I think Jürgen that david 40 is referring to the windscreen seal rubber, not a windscreen wiper.

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 13:46 #3 

Jürgen
Thanks for the clarification Mike :)

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 13:55 #4 

SpongeBob
I'd probably say one of the best paces to look is breakers yards where you'll be able to get one in fairly good nick - maybe even with a rear screen still attached ;)

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 20:22 #5 

Duncan
ZT rather than ZTT so a saloon I think.

So the rubber surround is nothing more than a trim, as the rear window is bonded in. Should be easy enough to get one from a breakers, it just unclips.

If the problem is a leak, replacing the trim won't help as it doesn't provide the seal.

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 21:45 #6 

dovid40
Thanks for your help, I have been told by a fellow MG enthusiast that there is a good breakers yard not too far from me in Bolton so I will look there.

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 22:38 #7