Rear Spring needs re-newing by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi All.
As some of you may know i have a broken offside rear spring which i found out when i was trying to fit some mudflaps from a faelift saloon to my tourer :roll: but that never happened, instead i found a broken spring anyways my question is and any or all info is most appreciated. Can i/you tell from the RG and colour code on the spring in photo below which springs i need, or do i have to lift the back seat to find the code :confused: once found as anyone got any links for some reasonable priced ones do you think the ones in the link below will be ok

Would these be ok to fit to my 04 coni diesel tourer ?
http://tinyurl.com/6hx62sh
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 22:26 #1 

Last edited by Arctic on 18 Mar 2011, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDotCom
If you take out your rear seat swab underneath is a label with the correct code for springs/dampers required.
You can then get either OEM from the likes of Rimmers or there are third party suppliers to, often on eBay but you may have to ring to get correct specs.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 22:42 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi JohnDotCom.
Thought as much i have emailed these http://tinyurl.com/6hx62sh but cannot get a straight anawer form them so looks like they wont be getting my custom. will check out rimmers but though they were supposed to be quite on the high price for parts ?
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 23:00 #3 

JohnDotCom
Tomorrow I will sort out a supplier that I got springs fora 2005 tourer at a reasonable price.
Some thirdparty suppliers have a one spring fits all approach, but I don't trust that logic.
Jules also use to keep springs in stock but I have been out of touch for a while and he was in Paris recently but a PM or phone call should get a response.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 23:12 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi johndotcom.
that would be fantastic if you could let me know what supplier you ahve used or found cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Mar 2011, 02:04 #5 

JohnDotCom
Oops sorry missed chasing this one up.
Will try asap sorry about that.
John

Posted 25 Mar 2011, 09:03 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi All.
Finaly got the springs managed to fit the broken one on tues whiel the weather was still ok but still need to change the other as it is best to change in pairs am i right :confused: i took some pics but when i change the other i will take more not that hard a job really once i got the right tools round me that is she sits nice again now, the spring poped out every easy being broke but i suspect the other will be a bit harder as it will need to be turned anti-clockwise to release it will let you know. :D

Note i marked the rubber before i removed to help with reconnection.

Rubber lug which fits in the arm apperture

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 12:22 #7 

Duncan
Yes you are right, replace in pairs.

Firstly, the old one won't be quite the same level as the other. But more importantly, it will fail any day now.

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 20:52 #8 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Ducan.
Yes thought that maybe the case so will sometime in the morning weather permitting fitt the other spring with a bit more detailed photo's i expect this one to take a little longer because it is not broken so may not come out so easy, May i also take this chance to ask Ducan can you remember if when i was given the chance to have my car put on your T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) if you/we applied the action for the windows to close on the press of the fob or on locking with the key ? i may also now now why i was getting the abs light for a few seconds as the brake pad warning senors are ifn fact broken i have now brought some new ones to fit would these have to be set on the T4, and if so would you be able to take a look at them for on the 17th Nano meet four ashes i dont mind paying cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 31 Mar 2011, 21:27 #9 

PaulT
Good man replacing both sides.

Last year I fitted self levelling springs and shocks - cost just over £250. As I sometimes tow it certainly has made a difference.

I have kept the old springs and dampers, which are OK, to fit back on when I sell the old girl. The self levellers will go on to the new car. Having difficulty deciding whether to buy a Rover 75 Tourer or a Rover 75 Tourer - such a dillema.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 06:50 #10 

Duncan
Can't remember about the windows, but I think everyone had them done, so probably. However they don't work from the fob, only from the key in the door. To work from the fob, you need to ad one of Raistlins ultimate remote mods.

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 11:39 #11 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Duncan.
Thanks i will have to try it from the key see if it works, then and maybe at some stage get a Raistlins ultimate remote mod for this. Cheers Arctic. :hail:

PS just poped out and tried it no joy so maybe it didnt work or i never had it done :confused: but will be at the four ashes meet i might not be doing it in the right order. :rolling:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 10:03 #12 

Duncan
If it's enabled:

put the key in and turn to unlock. Hold it there and all the windows will open. Turn to closed and hold it there and all will close.

There is a short delay after turning before they start to move, so hold in position for a good ten seconds to se iff it works.

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 12:07 #13 

JohnDotCom
...and if its a MK2 often the bleedin alarm goes off!!
John

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 14:13 #14 

Duncan
JohnDotCom wrote:...and if its a MK2 often the bleedin alarm goes off!!

Not all mark 2s. For example, mine doesn't.

Not yet worked out what the cutoof is, or if a previous exploit with the T1 did this.

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 17:53 #15 

JohnDotCom
It can be very annoying Duncan, I think Paul (Raistlin) had this problem also with his Remote Mod on a MK2 but cannot confirm.
Would like to know how to prevent it from going off though?
John

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 18:24 #16 

Duncan
It's either cars produced after a certain date, or one of the coding bits in the ZCS code I think.

Rob's (Trebors) car seemed to have the problem but I'm not sure if it's stopped doing it now. That might prove the ZCS theory as it was rewritten to add the battery backed siren, with a T1 disc. My car was also rewritten with a T1.

One of my (many) ongoing projects is to build a virtual car so we can play with ZCS codes without risking a real car. I have most of the bits and the connectors, just not the time so far.

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 20:21 #17 

JohnDotCom
Mine is a 2005 model only purchased a few weeks before they went bump!
It has the back up battery sounder/alarm fitted, looks like you could have a guinea pig.
John

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 21:13 #18 

Arctic
(Trader)
Duncan wrote:If it's enabled:

put the key in and turn to unlock. Hold it there and all the windows will open. Turn to closed and hold it there and all will close.

There is a short delay after turning before they start to move, so hold in position for a good ten seconds to se iff it works.

Hi Duncan
you are spot on again :hail: tried this and hey presto it all works :clap: one happy chap Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 06 Apr 2011, 00:13 #19