Queutin Wilson Sunday Mirror by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Don't suppose the person concerned is a member ?
Q Last year I bought a brand new Rover 75 Toure that was built in 2003, but sat in a showroom until 2009. After just 2000 miles the clutch started to slip, so I took it back to the dealer. They claimed it was my driving style and I wasn't covered by warranty, leaving me with a bill for £640. Is this fair? A. Goodacre, Bristol

A. There's something fishy here. Clutches don't fail after 2,000 miles. If the car was standing for six years, it's possible the friction material had degraded over time, causing the premature wear. Sadly, clutch friction faces like brake pads, aren't covered bt warranty. If you buy a 'new' car thats already six years old, you must expect some recommisioning.

This must be one of the AE Wilcox (Bristol) cars?

I think all of the SMC Bermudan Tourers were automatics.

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 21:45 #1 

Cowley_MOA
Rover418275 wrote:Don't suppose the person concerned is a member ?
Q Last year I bought a brand new Rover 75 Toure that was built in 2003, but sat in a showroom until 2009. After just 2000 miles the clutch started to slip, so I took it back to the dealer. They claimed it was my driving style and I wasn't covered by warranty, leaving me with a bill for £640. Is this fair? A. Goodacre, Bristol

A. There's something fishy here. Clutches don't fail after 2,000 miles. If the car was standing for six years, it's possible the friction material had degraded over time, causing the premature wear. Sadly, clutch friction faces like brake pads, aren't covered bt warranty. If you buy a 'new' car thats already six years old, you must expect some recommisioning.

This must be one of the AE Wilcox (Bristol) cars?

I think all of the SMC Bermudan Tourers were automatics.

Strange all the Bermudan cars were 2003 build iirc but I wonder if it could be some big place like motorpoint?
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 23:28 #2 

stevemac
If they don't have enough questions for an addition, they make them up. We used to pay a famous photographer to recommend our cameras in his letters section in "Amateur Photographer" magazine. He would make up the question leading to the advice.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 04:58 #3