Powerfold Worm Gears - Get them here at last by Trebor (Page 2 of 11)

Gate Keeper
Would you know if either of these motors can be used in power folds for other makes of cars?
All the best

Phil

Posted 27 Feb 2013, 20:13 #21 

Gate Keeper
The reason I ask is that one of my power folds on my Isuzu Trooper is worn out. I will open it up and see if the motor looks the same as the ones in the photos. I realise it is a long shot.
All the best

Phil

Posted 27 Feb 2013, 20:28 #22 

Duncan
Rob, are you still struggling for numbers?

Posted 27 Feb 2013, 20:44 #23 

Trebor
Phil, if you could get the motor out you will find out, the later skullcap motors are used in a number of cars so dont see why that woudnt apply to the earlier types but as we dont know who made them i font have the information

Duncan, probably approaching 300 sets now but still too far to go, i am waiting for the company to contact me and confirm that the prototypes work and will ask if we have any options or leeway on the minimum number at the same time
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Feb 2013, 20:56 #24 

Gate Keeper
I will look tomorrow ... a thought! it could be of interest to the Isuzu forum or would you prefer it is kept in house here Rob?
All the best

Phil

Posted 27 Feb 2013, 21:07 #25 

Trebor
Ill take orders from anywhere Phil, it would be good to find out if the motors are fitted to other cars as it could expand the demand
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Feb 2013, 21:17 #26 

Duncan
Rob. Put me down for £30 worth. No use to me, but if it helps with getting it to happen. I'm sure that at some time in the future, someone will want them!

Posted 27 Feb 2013, 22:36 #27 

Mintman
Rob
Need six sets.
All the best for reaching the needed number for ordering.

Posted 28 Feb 2013, 08:33 #28 

Trebor
Thank you Duncan and Mintman, your orders added to the list, the prototypes are being made this week so hoping for some good news shortly
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 28 Feb 2013, 09:56 #29 

Jürgen
Rob, please add four sets for me. And beside Mintman there are two more guys who have shown interest on r75.info so far.

Posted 28 Feb 2013, 16:18 #30 

Trebor
Great news Jürgen I will add your name and thanks again for posting on r75
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 28 Feb 2013, 17:48 #31 

Gate Keeper
Trebor wrote:Ill take orders from anywhere Phil, it would be good to find out if the motors are fitted to other cars as it could expand the demand

I had a look and took some photos of the unit and wiring connector. I was not not able to open up the motor as I did not have the right tools and the powerfold had to go back on the Trooper. Have a look and tell me if you think it might be the same as the skull cap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362073938.710131.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362073984.945419.jpg

What do you think?

If the motor is compatible, I can post it up on the Isuzu forum UK

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

All the best

Phil

Posted 28 Feb 2013, 17:58 #32 

Trebor
Sorry looks totally different to me Phil but thanks for taking the pics was worth a try
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 28 Feb 2013, 19:15 #33 

Gate Keeper
What a shame. My power folds are still not working and a replacement is £300 each or £20 scrappy :) I will pm you with a donation for your very worthy project.
All the best

Phil

Posted 28 Feb 2013, 20:10 #34 

Mad-Monkey
Rob you have a PM :)

Posted 28 Feb 2013, 20:11 #35 

Trebor
Replied to Dave
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 28 Feb 2013, 21:27 #36 

Mad-Monkey

Posted 01 Mar 2013, 13:07 #37 

Trebor
Seen and a big thanks Dave
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 01 Mar 2013, 15:42 #38 

Gren 24
Hi Rob, Could you put me down for 4 sets.you have really worked hard on these. Thanks for all you have done
Les

Posted 01 Mar 2013, 16:26 #39 

Trebor
Added Les and thanks

With pledged donations and sets ordered so far across the forums we are approaching 400 sets, please keep the orders coming or consider increasing your existing order if you are able to, many thanks

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 01 Mar 2013, 19:53 #40